LegacyGT.com

3.0 R question

Alright,

So I have the New 3.0 R as well as the 06 LGT.

I was thinking, have the made a manual tranny for an H6 and in what models?

Only think I was thinking of was an older H6 Outback, or maybe an 06 Outback?? I can't remember the Name, but it was an Outback sedan and had the high ground clearance. Or just thought was any H6 sold in Japan or Europe with a stick or does it now?

I thought if I could get a 5 speed for a decent price I would do the swap out. But I am thinking the newer the Subi it came from the better.

Any help would be appreciated.

You just said you like auto when you feel lazy... not feeling lazy anymore? :lol:

Any 90+ Suby tranny mates to any motor. JDM/EDM Legacy 3.0R is available with 6-speed stock.

Yes, you will need new drive shaft, but it's cheap and easily available. I don't know what the final ratio on the 3.0R rear diff is, likely you'll need rear diff as well. Maybe rear axels as well (not sure about front axels). Then shifter, clutch pedal, cluch master cylinder, etc.

I just did 6-speed swap into my 5-speed LGT. Very easy with all stock parts available

but it was MT-to-MT swap.

ECU should not be a big deal, I believe RomRaider support 3.0R ecu, although not sure about the SI-Drive ones.

One important loss would be VDC. I guess it would be next to impossible to get it to work.

Would be lots of work but could be interesting combo. The engine would be unleashed from the power hogging slushbox.

Maaaaaybe in the future I'd buy Tribeca w/3.6 motor and do 6-speed swap. That would be pretty sweet.

Maaaaaybe in the future I'd buy Tribeca w/3.6 motor and do 6-speed swap. That would be pretty sweet.

I just might have a test vehicle for you at some point :lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Cost? Any improvement in MPG?

MPG - too early to tell, I have new engine as well. Besides I don't I ever got more than 20 mpg on the previous powertrain anyway :lol:

The swap cost me less than ~$3.5k total (would be $2.5k if I didn't install front LSD in the tranny), and that includes EVERYTHING (sans labor, but that I did myself with a buddy). But then I got the setup for a steal.

Would be lots of work but could be interesting combo. The engine would be unleashed from the power hogging slushbox.

quote]

i would LOVE to see the test where it was proven the drivetrane loss of the auto vs the manual.

i have yet to see on.

all i have seen is ignorance spouted. but NEVER is the different gear ratio brought out. but somehow it has been proven that the auto is quicker when people quit playing with the "bigger" turbos and really step up to the big turbos.

so...any time you wanna post proof...PLEASE feel free.

Archived