LegacyGT.com

android Torque app

MDKSDMF

Has any one tried that Torque app out on the android market. You can supposedly scan your car via bluetooth and pull up diagnostics, and clear codes with it. Im thinking about trying it out but wanted to get some feedback first.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What hardware do you need for that? There has to be something plugged into the car that will transmit that data via BT.

There are various apps that do that for the iphone via wifi, i've been curious about that too, but would only get it if it can either export data logs, or do video out of live data to be displayed on my nav.

you plug into your obdII with a device you can purchase online for 50 bucks. it transmits to your phone via blutooth. heres a vid i found online...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZyxrS_ixY]YouTube - Torque on Evo 4G (In Depth View)[/ame]

i have it.. for the most part it dose what it says. it's kinda cool.. i used it on my bmw and the boost is not accurate. but they have a forum and the developer responds well.

i just cleared a couple codes on my friends acura yesterday. quick and easy. also tried it on my buddy diesel ford and a mazda. boost gauge worked well. i have not used it on the subie yet. but i would expect it to perform well..

$30 for the dongle on ebay. app is free.. well worth imo.

i have it.. for the most part it dose what it says. it's kinda cool.. i used it on my bmw and the boost is not accurate. but they have a forum and the developer responds well.

i just cleared a couple codes on my friends acura yesterday. quick and easy. also tried it on my buddy diesel ford and a mazda. boost gauge worked well. i have not used it on the subie yet. but i would expect it to perform well..

$30 for the dongle on ebay. app is free.. well worth imo.

thanks for the input man. the 30$ ebay single is well worth a try imo. I believe theres also a paid version of the app which im assuming would have a few extra features. does the boost accuracy vary or something? im looking to have a little mount for my phone serving as a display screen showing boost and oil temp/pressure. how is the data logging and the sharing feature?

From reading the forums it seemed bmw's and Mitsubishi were having boost gauge readings . I believe in my case it was a can bus thing. As far as data logging never really did much of it. Since I could get the boost thing right after awhile I kinda lost interest.

It did send the developer a debugging log and he got right on it with an update but never really panned out. Boost would just stop like it ran out of numbers. Say like 9. I

know was really at around 12-15. But I verify it worked on other cars so I know it dose work well. Paid app was like $5 I think it just has no advertisements .. It works well they may have fixed the BMW thing, the developer told me ebay dongles are suspect.

http://torque-bhp.com/.

i found the transmitter. I beleive this is the one to get.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/XiTech-Bluetooth-Droid-Torque-Compatible/dp/B004HF7WLO]Amazon.com: XiTech XR7 Bluetooth ELM, Droid, & Torque Compatible: Automotive[/ame]

i found the transmitter. I beleive this is the one to get.

Amazon.com: XiTech XR7 Bluetooth ELM, Droid, & Torque Compatible: Automotive

So did you get it? I am also very interested in getting this set up in the car. But I want to make sure that the turbo gauge is accurate though..And I thought I heard it did not have oil pressure/temp gauges. Not sure anymore.

I just downloaded the free version onto my android phone. Played around with it but of course I don't have the bluetooth thingy yet..

i got save my money for a tune next monday. so ill probably order the transmitter next friday (payday) sorry to make u guys wait hahaha. i hope to use it as a diagnostic tool to clear codes and check paramaters. i was gonna use it as a gauge but i just bought a prosport boost so im good.

• I Donated

A guy from another forum has this. I tried it on my car back in June or July, when I first got the car. I could not get boost to display at all, but maybe it has been fixed since then. Other than that, it's a cool app, and a bit easier to use than a computer for displaying basic parameters.

I have the app on my phone, but no dongle. I think I am going to keep the VAG-COM cable plugged in under the dash for the foreseeable future, so no dongle until I'm done tuning.

could anyone confirm if it does provide oil info such as temps and/or pressure? Oil is a big deal IMHO for our engine. Most of our engine related failures usually originate from oil starvation of some sort..

I guess I could contact the developer..:rolleyes:

• I Donated
Our engines do not have an oil temp sender, and the oil pressure switch is on/off and totally useless. You need aftermarket senders and gauges to do that kind of monitoring. The new version of the Vent Boost Gauge is going to support one or the other of those... ;) (You can select which, just can't have both hooked up at the same time.)

Archived