LegacyGT.com

OBd2 port help

Can someone go probe their obd2 port for me and let me know what you're getting on the pins? I'm getting three voltage readings

i'm getting one at 12v, one at 9v, and one at 4.3v.

Also, not sure how to go about checking resistance for a broken wire. Any tips?

My obd2 port is pretty much non functional at this point. :/

Damn, I was afraid of that...

PM m sprank, he may know too. You can tell him I sent you to him.

He's also a good guy to buy things from...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah the main wires are, but then you do have the proprietary wires depending on the vehicle. I am getting voltage, but the data seems to cutout. There's three SSM cables, and one is damaged, i'm just not sure which.

I was able to flash the car this morning, and data log, but I do not expect this to continue. It may be the DLC itself, but we'll see how it goes.

edit:

Just want to edit in case someone else comes across this.

There was nothing wrong with my wiring harness. The issue was the plastic port itself the pins went into.

This is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LKQD8YI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

By now you've figured out where your obd2 is, but to release it, there's two clips on the sides that you push in. The pins are easy to pull out from there, and then just repin it. You should be good to go.

Archived