LegacyGT.com

How do close the glove box on the first try?

:icon_mad: :icon_mad: Things I have in my glove box.

1 Leatherman

1 Mini Mag Light

The Manual in its place up top.

1/2 stack o napkins

Have tried centering these things, pushing the latch thing a couple of times (this works, but not always), slamming the door 10+ times...

What do you do? Or am I the only one? Help I don't want to go to the stealer for this.:(

upwards and slightly towards the driver side. I've found that the natural tendency is to push away from the driver's side, especially if you are in the driver's seat. This causes the latch to not align. Of course too much pressure toward the driver's side will cause the latch to misalign that direction also.

Really the thing just needs to be redesigned with more lateral stability. The latch works fine, but the whole thing is too floppy.

________

Buy herbalaire

i took mine to the dealer and the servive manager shows me that if you take your hand and place it in the center of glove box door just slightly below the latch and lift/close door. mine works everytime now also you don't need to use force, just close it firmly. if you are "off center" when trying to close it, it will not work. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Thanks Bosco for being man enuff to ask for directions. However we shouldn't need directions to close our glove boxes every car I owned or have riden in only required a simple flip to close the box. We should be able to do this while driving and not have to complete a 12 step process. (rant off)

Thanks Bosco for being man enuff to ask for directions. However we shouldn't need directions to close our glove boxes every car I owned or have riden in only required a simple flip to close the box. We should be able to do this while driving and not have to complete a 12 step process. (rant off)

actually i thought door latch was broken or needed adjustment. yes they could do better with the glove box door. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Mine closes fine, every time (so far). But I would be happy to trade that for a fit and finish where the seams on it line up properly. It is one of the most glaring fit and finish issues in my car. The driver's side is about 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side. Unacceptable. :icon_mad:

Mine closes fine, every time (so far). But I would be happy to trade that for a fit and finish where the seams on it line up properly. It is one of the most glaring fit and finish issues in my car. The driver's side is about 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side. Unacceptable. :icon_mad:

fix it. it can't be that hard to re-adjust. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived