LegacyGT.com

Quick Trip to Colorado Springs!

BarManBean

• Moderators

Hello Mountain West folks!

I'm about to make a quick business trip that will involve a stop over in Colorado Springs. Getting in Wednesday night around 7.30pm I think, staying at The Mining Exchange for the night. I definitely won't have much time, but maybe enough to grab dinner / a couple beers somewhere. Everything is VERY much in the air right now, but anyone have recommendations for any breweries or restaurants in the area? Anyone local?

This could be a total bust and I could end up just eating a bag of chips in the room and going to bed, but hoping for the best :) I'll be in the area through the next day, but headed on over to Denver on Thursday afternoon to fly back home :mad:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Hello there,

bummer its down in the springs as I am always extremely busy during the week and wouldn't have time for a trek down there. Hope your trip goes well and maybe next time.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Coming back again. Flying into Denver tomorrow evening, may try to grab dinner somewhere in town. Then driving to Colorado Springs, and back to fly out of Denver again on Thursday.

Any recommendations for places to eat in Denver? Anywhere with great local brews would be awesome.

Ah damn, I have an appt booked tomorrow evening otherwise I would meet up somewhere. Most of the places I end up for brews are outside of downtown but I do know of some good restaurants down there. There are quite a few breweries in the downtown area to hop but each only serves their own beer.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

• Moderators

I don't mich care about downtown or elsewhere, no real schedule for tomorrow evening. Would just like to find a nice local place to grab a beer or two and some decent food if possible.

Dave, I'm in the springs Wednesday night (but can drive) and my flight doesn't leave until around 6 on Thursday, so could possibly be in the Denver area for lunch time.

Let me check out Wednesday and we can see. I would live to find time to get together for a brew on wednesday but I know Thursday is crazy for me as well.

I'll get in touch this evening.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Moderators

Good trip. Ate at Euclid Hall in Denver when we landed. Hit up a couple local breakfast spots in CoSprings (King Chef and Western Omellete), both had excessive amounts of food. Hit Iron Bird brewing there and had dinner at an Irish place (Jack Quinn's?) that turned into "whiskey wednesday" where all of the irish whiskeys were half price. We were walking, so we uh...had a few :lol:

Stopped by Trinity Brewing on the way to the airport and packed up a couple beers for the trip back :)

Wow.

Ya, I might only have a shot or two of rum once every three months. Never been much of a beer fan, but that might be related to my time in the ER after almost dying of alcohol poisoning- at 3 years old.

My mother still wonders why she lost custody of me at times-

Gotta love a bunch of 20 somethings high on crack thinking its cool to see a 3 yr old drinking out of a keg.

• Moderators

Whoa, AF_3C2. Can understand why you don't drink, I guess!

lingling, I'll probably be back. Will send you a message :) King Chef was good, ordered a half portion of huevos and still couldn't finish it, lol.

Ya- TMI, sorry.

I haven't been here too long and don't get out much. Really want to, but not likely in my current situation with a baby in the house. Gots no social life outside of work- all I do these days is work and come home to watch the baby and do homework.

On the bright side, school will be done this summer- thank god- really starting to hate UoP.

Sorry man, things got crazy for me and this totally went out the window.

shoot me a message before your next trip and Ill buy you a beer.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Moderators
Sorry man, things got crazy for me and this totally went out the window.

shoot me a message before your next trip and Ill buy you a beer.

Dave

Figured as much--with the weather there was no way I was driving anywhere on Wednesday anyway!

Weather wasn't all that bad- least it was above 10 degrees F.

You should come when it hits -18 and a windchill on top of that. Commute to work is always fun in that weather, plus the half mile walk from parking lot to building works better than coffee for a wakeup!

Archived