LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

An old one, but made me happy. At the beginning of the 48 hrs of tristate rally, in Subaru's cherry hill HQ lot, as we're lining up getting ready to roll, an engineer walked up and said, 'you know yours is pretty rare, right?' Made me very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awhile back when I've owned the LGT for a month, I went to the local (super-small) dealership to pick up some random parts. As I pull in, two of the salesmen flock over like the seagulls of Capistrano.

Now mind you — I had been driving my old Accord for a decade prior, so I wasn't accustomed to receiving attention from anyone aside from the occasional John Q. Lawman. So I hadn't exactly prepared for this kind of interaction.

Salesman: "Hey is that a Legacy GT?!"

Me: "Yea...?"

Salesman: "Holy crap we never saw one before!"

Me: "Cool...?"

Salesman: "Hey can we see the inside???"

Me: "Sure"

And I open the door for him, and this dude's like a kid in a candy store, while the other one is admiring from afar. "OMG it has the thing, and that other thing, and bla bla bla, and it was made back in 2010 (while he's looking at the manufacturer's sticker), and..."

I seriously didn't know how to react to all this, so I probably was a bit less enthusiastic than I could've been :lol:

Conversation at a stoplight on the way to practice yesterday (I coach):

Dude: "Hey!"

Me: (not hearing him cause Pearl Jam is too loud in my car)

Dude: "HEY!"

Me: "oh, hey, sorry! (turn down Jeremy)

Dude: "Oh man, I fu**king love your car!"

Me: (slightly confused at conversation starter) "Oh, thanks." (I put on smile)

Dude: "Seriously, I fu**king LOOOOVE your car."

Me: (now observant on his envy) "Awe, I appreciate that, thanks alot!"

-green light, I leave.

I feel quite proud, then start thinking about....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey Rhett, I got a similar compliment... Pulled up to an intersection, had my window rolled down because it was one of the few nice days down in Houston. A guy walked up with a cup in hand and said "That's one mean machine!" only he didn't ask me for money.

Pulled up to the Subaru dealership the other day. As I was walking in one of the employees opened the door for me and asked if I was selling my GT.

Really enjoy the car being so rare. Feels great stepping into the car every time. Never gets old.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a head nod and peace sign from a guy who looked like Shaggy driving a silver 2004+ wrx.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 1 month later...

In the last 24 hours I got....

1) An enthusiastic deuce in the windshield passing a '12 WRX STi sedan on a 2-lane highway

2) A big smile and nod from a pumpkin orange Crosstek XV

3) A thumbs up from a fully modded '05 WRX STi while hanging next to me driving down the road

In the last 24 hours I got....

1) An enthusiastic deuce in the windshield passing a '12 WRX STi sedan on a 2-lane highway

2) A big smile and nod from a pumpkin orange Crosstek XV

3) A thumbs up from a fully modded '05 WRX STi while hanging next to me driving down the road

By deuce you mean "peace sign" and not what I am thining, correct.

Because that $hit is gonna be hard to clean off the windshield with just the wipers and windshield washer fluid...:)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Found a nail in my tire took it to discount tire to get repaired. The techs swarmed the car and the sales guys spent the entire time asking questions about it.

45 minutes later tire is fixed I have a bill for $0.00 they said it is on the house for being the most bad ass family sedan they have seen. Then asked if I would rev it so they could hear the exhaust, they settled for me launching in their parking lot.

I may be showing my immaturity by saying this... but I passed an unmarked cop at a high rate of speed, when he pulled me over he asked with a confused look "what kind of car is this" the feeling was great. Right up until he came back to the window with the ticket... Now my fun must happen (where it should) on a track

Now my fun must happen (where it should) on a track

Dew It!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

04 ish WRX. How do I make this SFW?

We started together. I ended up ahead. He flashed his headlights. As I let him catch up and pass, he smiled and peace signed. I obliged. He looked pleasantly surprised.

Ended up at a stoplight next to a C5. When the light turned, he stepped on it so I followed suit (this was the same night that I got my Stage 3 tune completed). I was able to keep him in my rear view until letting off the gas at around 65 mph. He looked uber-confused at what he was passed by but he gave me a big thumbs up (though he still looked a bit distressed by what had happened).

I think this was discussed before in another thread, but whenever I see another Legacy (usually a 2.5i) I think they are going to look over and realize I'm driving the bad-ass extra loud version of their car... Then you realize the legacy's target audience and know they have no interest in loud turbocharged sports sedans.

Im that guy... :(

Found a nail in my tire took it to discount tire to get repaired. The techs swarmed the car and the sales guys spent the entire time asking questions about it.

45 minutes later tire is fixed I have a bill for $0.00 they said it is on the house for being the most bad ass family sedan they have seen. Then asked if I would rev it so they could hear the exhaust, they settled for me launching in their parking lot.

Other than getting it for free, had the EXACT same thing happen. Wife came home and said tpms came on, so i put the spare on and took the low tire with nail in tread to discount tire......every tech and sales person in the store was all over the car......

• 2 weeks later...

At the gym this am. "Ok, what is that, an STI", I say no. "A WRX", I say no. He then pauses in confusion and I left it at that lol!! Maybe he will research and tell me what it is by the end of my workout... Now time to kill the Chesticles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 days ago while filling up. I'm standing at the pump, and a young kid in a black Nissan forester asked, "What kind of Subaru is that?" I smiled and then told him. Then we had a convo about car color and maintenance. Made me laugh.

*Nissan Frontier not Forester

Friday before track day...this guy is looking at the front then the back then the front. I am watching this from inside Americas Tire. He sits down. He gets up again to look at it. I walked outside and told him.

Sunday at the track, after the second session, one of the guys who was running walked over with his buddy and they asked me, "Is that an STI." No...it's a Legacy. "Flat four?" No...flat six.

Wednesday stopped at traffic light...guy in an Infiniti M35 gives me a thumbs up.

Friday at Subaru picking up right fender liner...sales guy comes over and starts asking me about wheels and tires.

Maybe I should have left the badges on?