LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• I Donated
Here's the tool that I provided with some of the first kits to go out:

Amazon.com: Lisle 30950 CV Joint Banding Tool: Automotive

This is the tool that I really recommend after using both:

OTC Banding Tool

Looks like this is the same as the second one:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OTC-4623-Joint-Banding-Cutter/dp/B00063XX5U/ref=pd_sim_auto_7]OTC 4623 CV Joint Banding Tool And Cutter : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Yup, good find. Amazon didn't carry that one previously, glad to see that they do now. For the price difference (~$6) definitely get that one, it just makes things easier.

If you are local you are welcome to borrow mine anytime.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

Moar better. Super-sleuths you guys are.

The only thing the autozone loaner is missing is the cutter, but you can cut the ties after installation with most wire cutters or parrot-beak style cutters.

• Moderators

Just click the link in my signature, it will bring you straight to the ordering page. Use the "add to cart" button at the bottom of that page and Paypal should take care of the rest.

Finishing up some things at work today and then giving the shop a call to see what's up. Hopefully I'll be taking part of the day off to pick stuff up.

Perfect! So should be here by the end of next week then? It will end up being my post finals celebration lol

Thanks for all your work and effort on this, and keeping on top of getting all the pieces together and keeping us informed step by step. Seriously, huge thank you

• Moderators
Hey BMB, not sure what to do in my case: usually staying in the world of cheese but currently in a world of coconut trees for another month :spin: (hint pacific time).

So, what do you advise?

What do you mean? I ship world wide, fool. If you'll be somewhere for a month I think I can get it to you before you leave no problem. If you want to buy one and have me hold it until you say "ship", that's fine too (I assume you are without your car right now, so it would be pretty useless for me to ship you a kit...?)

If you want to buy one and have me hold it until you say "ship", that's fine too (I assume you are without your car right now, so it would be pretty useless for me to ship you a kit...?)

Correct. Let's do that then. I know you ship fast but the French customs in Tahiti are REALLY slow at processing and clearing packages (can take 1.5 month easy). Plus they tax things like crazy. So I'd rather wait till I get back.

• Moderators
Glad to see more kits shipping out, good job bmb

Dave

You're tellin' me! Now that everything is back in my hands things are running on schedule:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/0E314D76-A771-40EE-8D36-341B66BAA5DF-16234-000019908A133A55.jpg

All current orders will ship out tomorrow, barring a natural disaster!