LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked line up yesterday with 185k.

Anyone know what fuse works with fwd box?

Sent from my R1

Any fuse.

And before you ask, it doesn't increase gas mileage any.

It's for temporary use only. Flat tire, etc. Using it too much can fry the duty C solenoid in the transmission.

Any fuse.

And before you ask, it doesn't increase gas mileage any.

It's for temporary use only. Flat tire, etc. Using it too much can fry the duty C solenoid in the transmission.

Good to know! I won't bother but I'll keep the fuse around just in case.

I have a AC leak. Narrowed it down to an o-ring. Anyone know a data base or parts list I can track down more info?

Sent from my R1

If it hasn't overheated, do them. It will last you a lot longer yet.

If you overheated it badly, you may have hosed the bearings. 2.2 swap is a cheap easy way to fix it. It's a direct swap in. Did it with my 98 GT limited. Bought with a bad 2.5 for $400...

Nearing 240k on the car, about 315k on the motor... Did a blackstone oil analysis. My engine is getting tired

I have been having problems with my coolant system. Didn't think anything of it because the second time i had a puddle of coolant under my car there was a hole in my one hose. So my boyfriend replaced it. Here the other day it overheated to the point I had to get it towed to my friends dads garage. And he said it was the gasket. He mentioned about swapping the 2.5L with the 2.2L. But he found me a motor with the gasket already blown and fixed. I don't know if I should risk it??

What happens is people drive them till the engine seizes up. My 98 had been seized twice when I got it. Silly thing still fired right up with no bad noises though. Problem is, the bearings have been compromised at this point.

How are they sure it's the head gasket?

Getting all the air out of the cooling system on that engine can be difficult. Research burping cooling system. And see how that goes. That might be all your issue is.

And, if one rad hose blew, the other is probably going to be following right behind. Replace them both.

The guy I took it to checked the gaskets to be sure.

After we noticed the temp was up I pulled over and we added coolant and let it sit for awhile. Well when I started it up the car was very hesitant, shaky and had smoke coming out of the exhaust.

My 1995 Legacy wagon now has 235K on it. Had 10 days down time in August as the tensioner for the timing belt stopped tensioning and the belt jumped several teeth and the car died. A new tensioner and belt and it is running fine again. Motor still uses no oil. A far cry from the 2.5L motors which need head gaskets every 100K if legend is true.

On head gaskets: you can by a testing tool that checks the coolant for presence of gases from combustion and tells you for certain if there is a leak. See

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-75500-Combustion-Leak-Detector/dp/B0007ZDRUI]Amazon.com: Lisle 75500 Combustion Leak Detector: Automotive[/ame]

My 1995 Legacy wagon now has 235K on it. Had 10 days down time in August as the tensioner for the timing belt stopped tensioning and the belt jumped several teeth and the car died. A new tensioner and belt and it is running fine again. Motor still uses no oil. A far cry from the 2.5L motors which need head gaskets every 100K if legend is true.

On head gaskets: you can by a testing tool that checks the coolant for presence of gases from combustion and tells you for certain if there is a leak. See

Amazon.com: Lisle 75500 Combustion Leak Detector: Automotive

^^^ The legend of the Legacy HG's IS TRUE only of the original factory HGs. After you change those you are set. So long as you keep that

Motor maintain the EJ25D it's pretty dependable as a NA motor.

• 5 months later...

This is outdated now (I'm at 253k), but it's close:

I've recently started going through the vehicle history and putting all the maintenance records into a spreadsheet. So I'm thinking I might extend this chart the other direction based on service records before I actually started keeping track of the milage. Gotta go back to Subaru and a few other places and ask for a complete history of everything they have.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388089_2449386117313_1331760350_32429568_418992589_n.jpg

Edited by Stang70Fastback