LegacyGT.com

Exterior window trim problem.... what do you think?

icegrill

I was hand washing my 08 obxt today for the first time and noticed some discoloration on the rubber window sill trim on all four doors. It appears to be blotchy spots that are glossier then the rest of the trim. It varies on each window. I thought it was some type of adheasive residue but after trying several products it didn't change. All I can think of is that the window tinter discolored it with his heat gun, while tinting the windows a couple months ago or a factory defect. Who should I talk to first? I'm sort of hesitant to call the tinter because he did an amazing job and I don't want to accuse him of somthing he didn't do. Should I go to the dealer? The car is a little over 2 months old, I don't know if it's even worth bothering with. :confused: Thanks for the advice. Here are some pics.http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/icegrill15/subaruwindowsill2.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/icegrill15/subaruwindowsill1.jpg

if your anal like most of us... just take it to the dealer and see what they can do under warranty. if it just appeared recently, i wouldn't blame it on the tint. also, if it magically happened to be the tinter's fault, he should have no problem fixing it. I've taken my tint back twice (once for the roll bar/window guide tearing the tint, and the other time for a friends snowboard putting a slice into it), he has replaced them each time without any bitching for free. I just buy him a hot lunch :)

i'm taking my car saturday to have all the weather stripping/trims replaced as I can hear and feel wind inside my cabin at 75+ - it's under warranty. there's no harm in trying!

brian

hey icegrill: no problems with replacement of weather stripping from dealer under warranty. just explain that it just started happening blah blah "you have no idea how it happened" and you'll be fine :). I have a pretty cool dealer and my friend's husband works there... but i'm sure you'll be fine! (sorry for the late reply!)

brian

Archived