LegacyGT.com

How do I add as much mpg to my 98 legacy?

I bet there is a lit if people here that is asking that same question " how do I add more mpg to my Subaru legacy. I would love to see what people would say. Also is there a ecu that is programable for my legacy gt wagon ej25d motor where I can mess with the fuel mapping or ratios and all that

• I Donated
Your ECU is locked. The only way to mess with AF ratios and the maps is to run a piggy back system like Cobb or something along those lines

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

1. Lightweight pulleys (don't confuse with undersize pulleys).

2. Clean intake components.

3. MSD Coil.

4. Fresh fluids (for all components needing fluid).

5. Cruise control (highways).

6. Speed limit driving (all times).

7. Don't floor pedal (ever under any circumstances).

8. New spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, ignition wires.

9. Buy & install aluminum wheels (stock diameter).

10. Ground mod (never did it but my neighbor has done it on his STi. Says it works well.)

What about blocking half of the air filter? With less air wouldn't the ECU trim fuel and reduce power?

I'm basing this theory on the inverse of my adding an AVO panel filter years ago and my mileage going down due to more airflow.

If you drive like a grandma, that'll take care of half the battle. If you do 65 on the highway instead of 80, you're gonna save so much more fuel in the long run because air resistance increases exponentially with speed, plus you're running the engine at higher rpms in that final gear to go faster. Don't punch it off stop lights, coast to stop signs instead of slamming on the brakes at the last second. Driving style is one half of it.

The other half is components. DOHC took care of most of it, just make sure that your intake system is up to spec as well as the ignition. Fluids help, but aren't really noticeable. If you really wanted to go crazy, remove as much dead weight in the car as possible. But as long as you're running the right components, then you should be in the money.

Archived