LegacyGT.com

What enables you to put an STi badge on your Legacy GT?

I don't want to do this, I'm just curious.

I've heard some people say that the spec.B = STi. I've also heard people refer to the Legacy GT as a luxury STi.

Are you "allowed" to just slap an STi sticker on a stock Legacy GT / spec.B?

Do you need to swap an STi motor in the car? Or is everyone repping an STi badge a poser?

Double sided tape

And a blatant lack of concern for reality. It's the Subaru equivalent of slapping a "Type R" badge on a base model Civic to make you feel better about not having the real thing....

In my personal opinions you can do whatever you want, its your car not soneone's on the internet. If I had to define a set of requirements, i would say have STi parts(injectors, springs, TMIC, VF39 etc) and a vehicle that is as good as, or better than, a stock STi.

but in reality its your car and its a badge. if someone is going to get really upset over it, they are probably not worth your time

or you can get creative like i did with my 2.5i

http://i.imgur.com/k2wck8q.jpg

I bet a lot of people don't realize that STi (subaru tecnica international) is the division of subaru that makes rally cars, sort of like prodrive. So to me, an wrx STi doesn't own that badge, it is given that badge. And for me, if i put a STi badge on my car is because i'm pretending to be a rally car not an impreza.

One, you don't want the people that are not familiar with Subaru say they beat a sti when in reality it was a n/a 2.5.

Two, why even put a badge on when it didn't come on the car, most people debadge or plati-dip them black.

It's their catr they can do whatever they want but living life as a fake or poser isn't my style. Keep it real. Sti, type-r,SS, SRT, ETC there's a reason why people pay more for those cars.

I contemplated putting an STi badge on my wagon, so the Porsches I was passing felt like they got creamed by something special rather than a wagon with a roof rack.

As others have said, its your car. Do as you see fit. Personally, a Ferrari FF badge would be perfect for the wagons. They are certainly prettier.

My front strut bar is from a JDM Legacy STi and it came with the sticker on it's own..

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Suspension/Strut%20Bars/JDM%20STI%20Front/CIMG1124.jpg~original

Your car do as you please. My 04 Forester XT is more deserving of the STi Badge then most legacy's (came with EJ257 stock, just with TD04 and 5 speed)...

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

My summer wheels have STi center caps, looks way better than the Rota caps. People ask me if they're STi wheels all the time, but then people ask me if its a WRX all the time too.

You only need to be modified in some way to be badge worthy IMO, just keep it simple. The center caps and my GTspec license plate frame are my only additional 'badges'.

You only need to be modified in some way to be badge worthy IMO, just keep it simple. The center caps and my GTspec license plate frame are my only additional 'badges'.

I like this per-requisit. I might actually get an STi badge just so other fellow turbo subaru owners know I'm an enthusiast and that it's not an A-B car (since it's got stock quiet mufflers and looks stock.)

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I was going more for the Japanese only tuned by STI look myself. I have also contemplated a complete wrap and debadge.

http://www.sti.jp/legacytunedbysti/imgs/top.jpg

Was there much of a difference between the JDM STi and the AUDM STi? Guessing JDM = 2.0GT, AUDM = 2.5GT. Might have had more colour options in Japan too :confused:

I cringe whenever I see Sti badges on the body panels of a lgt.

'Is that an Sti?' ummmm, no....

Having the badge on Sti specific parts is different.

'Is that a Sti strut tower brace?' Yes, yes it is.

Adding non factory badges to the body panels of your car is ricer 101.

I cringe whenever I see Sti badges on the body panels of a lgt.

'Is that an Sti?' ummmm, no....

Having the badge on Sti specific parts is different.

'Is that a Sti strut tower brace?' Yes, yes it is.

Adding non factory badges to the body panels of your car is ricer 101.

The proper answer to is that a n sti is yes, its rhe jdm version

I have a mesh AVO grille. It needed a certain something... So I stuck an STI badge on it. Looks good, subtle. As for what makes me think I can do it? It's my car. People who know, know. People who don't, don't. If anyone asks I will be honest that I just liked the damn badge and thought it looked good.

I do need a good Subaru badge to add though...

I have repeatedly thought of buying an STi badge, because I couldn't afford the real thing, and putting it on one of the many Outback Sports/Impreza Sports I've owned. The only reason I never pulled the trigger, people are too opinionated of other people's cars. If it's a subtle emblem, and not the size of your door, then I don't see the harm. I think that only people who put the emblem on without supporting mods, and then brag that it's an STi swapped car, are the ones to shun, not the ones who want to represent Subaru's rally/racing heritage. Anything can be called rice, even if it's appropriate to the car, just because someone doesn't like it. Just do what you want and don't worry what people you don't know think about it.

Archived