LegacyGT.com

Need Help-Taking Car In for Poss. Reflash by SOA

brad21

I'm taking my car in tomorrow morning, 8am. I have a feeling that the diagnostics are going to show absolutely nothing wrong, even though I'm getting the sporadic studdering like everyone else. My question is, if you have been in this situation, how hard do you jump up and down and scream like a little girl when they tell you it's fine? Any key words to use? Like maybe "but my lawyer was saying..."icon_question.gif

Don't say "Lawyers" unless you really plan on bringing them...it makes Subaru clam up and do nothing to help you until the court decides.

Don't say "I read on the internet"

Just explain your concerns as completely as you can, if they find nothing just politely ask them to contact Subaru and see if there is anything they can recomend.

I just have a feeling, after talking to the service manager today and having him kinda roll his eyes, that he's going to have my car all morning then hand me my keys back with a stupid "told you so" look on his face when I come to pick it up.

they are gonna tell you they couldnt duplicate the symptons you are describing and that it is inherent to your car....and when pressed they will blame it on turbo lag and the car being a 'heavy luxury car' as the stealership around me did when i tried to bitch at em about it....i ended up getting a Ap and saving myself the headache of dealing with them further

they are gonna tell you they couldnt duplicate the symptons you are describing and that it is inherent to your car....and when pressed they will blame it on turbo lag and the car being a 'heavy luxury car' as the stealership around me did when i tried to bitch at em about it....i ended up getting a Ap and saving myself the headache of dealing with them further

I took mine in,they had a service tech go for a drive with me, he felt what I felt. The service dept. called Subaru, then called me. Said they would need to send the ecu back east and they would provide a loaner for me for the 3 or 4 days it would take

Mike

Damn the AP!! If it wasn't for so many guys who just got an AP to fix the problem then maybe there would be enough people complaining to get Subaru's attention.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm over 2000 post reflash and the stutter is as bad as when I brought it in to begin with. The reason I haven't gotten an AP is because this may be just a problem with my particular car and I don't want to give SOA any reason to void the warranty. I want the problem fixed without having to buy a $650 band aid.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm getting the sporadic studdering like everyone else.

Hope your encounter with the dealer works out - but he may say that not everyone has the stuttering problem - which would certainly be true. 15k miles in and my car accelerates smoothly and strongly all the time (no engine mods). That's not to say that others don't have the problem, but it might help them track it down if they realize it doesn't happen to all cars.

Good luck.

Folks - for the umpteenth time, the AP does NOT eliminate the stutter. Sorry to burst the bubble. It, like the SOA reflash, reduces it, but by most reports here, does not ELIMINATE it.

You will read posts from folks who have installed the AP and report that the stutter is gone. But, THEY find, but often do not report, that it REAPPEARS after XXX miles.

This is the general trend that has been reported here.

There are always exceptions though ..

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

do you guys know if they also have a flash update for an 2006,

i just bought it 4 days ago, and the build date is 08/2006

And it studders a lot, almost all the time,

otherwise i guess i will have to get an AP, at least it should make it a littlebit better.

Thanks

Well, if the AP reduces the stutter then that is better than what the SOA reflash does. That totally removed the stutter for about 5 or 6 hundred miles, but now it is as bad as it was before. Whatever they did sure didn't last very long.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Folks - for the umpteenth time, the AP does NOT eliminate the stutter. Sorry to burst the bubble. It, like the SOA reflash, reduces it, but by most reports here, does not ELIMINATE it.

You will read posts from folks who have installed the AP and report that the stutter is gone. But, THEY find, but often do not report, that it REAPPEARS after XXX miles.

This is the general trend that has been reported here.

There are always exceptions though ..

I'd say that the percentage of people who have reflashed to various "off-the-shelf" AP maps - and later experienced recurrence of the stutter/studder problem, to any particular severity/degree, simply cannot truly be determined at-present.

Instead, it can only be said that SOME have reported that various AP maps have eliminated stuttering/studdering from their LGTs, while others have noted a recurrence of this problem within anywhere from 300 to 1000 miles of their "off-the-shelf" map reflash.

It's by far not a "cure" for all, but I also do not think that we can in any way quantitate the issue based on current posts.

Perhaps a poll would be in-order, but even then, it would still be up to AP users to ring-in with their results.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived