LegacyGT.com

boost issue

scoob

i have a 07 specB with Infamous stg2 tune that ran great all winter but lately im running into a consistently inconsistent issue...let me explain. the car will run fantastic and pull hard at about 17-18 psi and then after sitting in traffic or being parked for a while (havent made any connections other than heat soak) instead of peaking quickly at that full boost, it will be a squishy gas pedal and struggle to make 10psi and clearly be way down on power, then i pull over, turn off the car, reset the map and its all better again for a while and then starts over again. ive talked with shamar but he wants logs and i dont have a 2.0 cable... all vac lines are snug, car has low mileage, just did new plugs and comp/ld was great. new fuel pump, clean intake and maf. im thinking boost solenoid or the tune IAT corrections are set too low? I managed a tuning shop for over a year and am very comfortable with my auto knowledge but this one has me scratching my head and not sure what needs to be fixed....thoughts?

My guess is your IAM had dropped to the point that boost control was disabled. Resetting the ECU caused it to go back to normal. You should run a LV if possible next time it happens before resetting the ecu.

How did you do logs to get the initial tune setup?

Archived