LegacyGT.com

rear diffuser

Teknik

Anyone know where i can get a rear diffuser for an 05 LGT? All i can find are out of the country and i have a hard time trusting things being shippedfrom japan because i have been burnedbefore..

You don't want one. I saw a LGT with said diffuser going down the highway "porpoising." It moved the center of pressure in such a way that the car had so much downforce, it sucked to the ground, then lost it, then regained it. The car bounced up and down at anything above 60 mph. I'd avoid it at all costs.

Thanks for leaving the first negative feedback for my diffuser :rolleyes:

This is the first time I hear of this. I strongly doubt the diffuser had any part in the car loosing control. I would certainly check the car thoroughly before jumping to conclusions. On top of that I wasn't notified or contacted by any buyer with such problems.:confused:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I'll have used one up for sale real soon off my car :icon_twis , TRF diffuser #1 out of the mold :p

Needs a new coat of spray paint and you're good to go. Mine does not have the bolts on the side. Will shoot you a pm once it's off

Ill take it!! Just pm me a price when you are ready !

You don't want one. I saw a LGT with said diffuser going down the highway "porpoising." It moved the center of pressure in such a way that the car had so much downforce, it sucked to the ground, then lost it, then regained it. The car bounced up and down at anything above 60 mph. I'd avoid it at all costs.

I know I'm a week late, but that's just silly and you have no idea how a diffuser actually works.

For a diffuser to actually do anything, it has to be fed by a flat underbody and inlet and the diffuser itself makes very little downforce. The diffuser decreases the speed of air traveling under a car (and slower air = higher pressure) so that it rejoins the airflow coming off the top of the car more smoothly. This has the overall effect of speeding airflow under the central part of the underbody and decreasing the pressure there. Additionally, this underbody low pressure area is ahead of the diffuser and pretty well centered under the car, and not very sensitive to pitch or ride height changes at the heights you would see on a street car.

It seems more likely the car was bouncing around because it has shit suspension. Let me guess: megan racing? Stance? BC?

Oh, and I just looked at the diffuser we're talking about. Looks pretty, but approximately zero effect on aerodynamics.

I know I'm a week late, but that's just silly and you have no idea how a diffuser actually works.

For a diffuser to actually do anything, it has to be fed by a flat underbody and inlet. The diffuser itself does not actually make downforce. The diffuser decreases the speed of air traveling under a car (and slower air = higher pressure) so that it rejoins the airflow coming off the top of the car more smoothly. This has the overall effect of speeding airflow under the central part of the underbody and decreasing the pressure there. Additionally, this underbody low pressure area is ahead of the diffuser and pretty well centered under the car, and not very sensitive to pitch or ride height changes at the heights you would see on a street car.

It seems more likely the car was bouncing around because it has shit suspension. Let me guess: megan racing? Stance? BC?

Oh, and I just looked at the actual diffuser we're talking about. Looks pretty, but approximately zero effect on aerodynamics.

For the awesomely stupid on this thread, please understand trolling. I did not see such a car. I was mocking the concept of putting a non-functional "diffuser" on a LGT.

As for porpoising, if you knew anything about ground effects and its history, you'd know that Formula One cars in the late 1970s/early 1980s sometimes had this problem if the diffuser wasn't designed correctly. The car would have so much downforce, the car would suck down on it's suspension, but then the air "stalled", thus losing downforce, and car would pop back up, only for the sequence to continue as the underbody wing (diffuser) regained efficiency and downforce.

So, no, I don't know anything about it, just like you don't know anything about the internet. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

For a diffuser to actually do anything, it has to be fed by a flat underbody and inlet and the diffuser itself makes very little downforce. The diffuser decreases the speed of air traveling under a car (and slower air = higher pressure) so that it rejoins the airflow coming off the top of the car more smoothly. This has the overall effect of speeding airflow under the central part of the underbody and decreasing the pressure there. Additionally, this underbody low pressure area is ahead of the diffuser and pretty well centered under the car, and not very sensitive to pitch or ride height changes at the heights you would see on a street car.

Oh, and I just looked at the diffuser we're talking about. Looks pretty, but approximately zero effect on aerodynamics.

But the downforce and pressure on the top side of the car were increased exponentially by the hood scoop. Plus the driver was wearing a flat brimmed hat. If you take into account all extradoniry factors is clear that a liight cross breeze could cause catastrophic failure.

Archived