LegacyGT.com

Front lip/rear diffuser: paint or no paint

LegaLude

Thinking of getting an s204 front lip.

I see that a lot of people have left the lips and rear diffusers the plain PU black. I had the front lip of my other car paint matched and it made it look like an extension of the bumper itself.

Just wondering if people have left it black because it looks nicer, in their opinion, or because of funds.

I think that he's trying to say that the contrast will look better on some vehicles as opposed to others. For example, if your car was GRP, it would look pretty ugly if you had the lip colour matched to the car. Conversely, if your car was OBP, you may be able to get away with having the lip colour matched.

With that said, judging by your avatar, it appears that your car is QSM. In that case, I'd still leave the lip in the standard PU black.

Nice dog, BTW.

True. I always thought the unpainted lips looked a bit strange on my other car , but the lip sits differently so that might be part of the reason. They do look nice on the Sube's, but it's hard to say how it will look paint matched. Don't want to make a mistake.

The picture is deceiving, it's actually DBM :lol:

I kept reading about plastic dip; had to look it up. I've never used that myself.

I was thinking of getting a rear spoiler which will need painted anyway. But the black plastic look is growing on me more every day :)

I bought a RevSpec lip for my car 3-4 years ago and never painted it and I think it looks good in the flat black/textured plastic look. It never really faded or discolored and I've never really done any maintenance with it (like an armor all or something).

Archived