LegacyGT.com

rotors and pads, suggestions please!

Im looking for feedback on brake parts for my GF's 06' Legacy. OEM replacement. Nothing fancy.

What companies do you use?

What companies dont you use?

I would like to use OEM parts but its so damn expensive!

Thanks,

Kevin B.

Have the OEM rotors turned and install Bendix Ceramic pads.

I do have aftermarket slotted front rotors I think I got them from Lightspeed few years back.

I like the ceramic pads the wheels stay clean and they work good.

Also you can use the rear pads from a 99' up 2.5RS

Last time I bought rear pads Advance auto parts still gave me the wrong ones when I asked for a 05 GT

Don't over think this, for a DD you don't need expensive stuff.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Advance Auto Parts or any other auto parts store. Ceramic pads are pretty common now.

If you wanted to go with aftermarket rotors DBA has some nice stuff. I think Fred Beans Subaru may carry them. They are sponsors here.

Make sure you install the bolts with anti-sieze compound and buy a small bottle of the green brake grease for the slider pins.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

No problem Rick, I like to recommend people that support the forum.

You guy's are a big help around here.

I just put Hawk HPS on my car as upgrade/replacement pads (60k mi) Ordered from Fred Bean (thumbs up!). No complaints about the pads. I researched alot on the boards and it seems they are very popular. I def noticed more aggressive bite.

As for rotors, it seems the OEM rotors can be turned a couple times with no probs, so maybe you can do that (not sure your circumstances)

Hi Kevin,

Sorry I did not realize you were referring to a 2.5i.

We can offer OEM parts of course. However I would recommend Hawk HPS pads and Centric premium rotors (blanks) as a mild upgrade.

I am working on prices now and will PM you when I have more information.

-Rick

I'm using Hawk HPS pads and DBA4000 rotors. Happy with the performance.

Also purchased from Fred Beans. Great service and prices. Nothing but positive experiences dealing with them.

Good luck.

I'm using Hawk HPS pads and DBA4000 rotors. Happy with the performance.

Also purchased from Fred Beans. Great service and prices. Nothing but positive experiences dealing with them.

Good luck.

Same setup here...

I also ordered from Fred Beans. Hands down the best place to buy Subuaru parts I've dealt with!

Archived