LegacyGT.com

Rear deck Speakers?

basbal241b

Is there enough room on the rear deck of the Legacy GT to put 6x9's?? If so is it even possible to add 6x9's along with the other 4 door speakers? I just want a sound system comparible to those of the Acura's with like 8 speakers. Is this a possiblility?? Thanks in Advance.

Yeah i am certainly not a fan of the 6x9's. Had them in the last car and they aren't anything to brag about, even with nice speakers.

The 6's we have in the door really have the ability to provide MUCH better quality sound. Well at least with a different set up. Not sure how the stock frequency response would effect things, but good powered 6's would blow 6x9's out of the water. Cleansweep would probably help in this situation as well.

Dont bother going the sub in the rear deck route...i didnt get a free air sub, but, you would have to do alot of insulation to keep everythign from rattling and so forth. Plus, my sub's magnet barely clears the bars going across the bottom, I guess the trunk openers or somethign? My sub is coming out, and I'm getting a proper box...shoulda gone this route the first time around..but i wanted to be unique and cool...:rolleyes:

I considered offering a custom bandpass setup for the rear deck opening using a pair of JL 6W0's. I don't know what the demand would be though, and it'd need to be made of fiberglass to keep an OEM look and I'm not sure if I'm ready to deal with that right now.

My design specs show it would sound pretty good though, and with a 100-120 watt amp it would do much better than the OEM sub and would cost around $300 not including the amp.

My Hyundai has 6x9's in the rear deck. The bass response is better than a 6x8 or a 6.5" and they sound pretty good if tuned well. But it's not a night & day difference, and it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

If you're looking for more bass you'd probably be best off with stock-sized speakers and a 10" or 12" sub in the trunk. Even an Infinity Basslink would be decent if you don't want anything that takes up too much space.

I had an infinity basslink in my CTS and it put out a decent amount of thump, it wasnt as good as the dual 10" kickers i had in my CTS but it was a fair amount and better then the OEM sub.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Yeah i am certainly not a fan of the 6x9's. Had them in the last car and they aren't anything to brag about, even with nice speakers.

The 6's we have in the door really have the ability to provide MUCH better quality sound. Well at least with a different set up. Not sure how the stock frequency response would effect things, but good powered 6's would blow 6x9's out of the water. Cleansweep would probably help in this situation as well.

The stock speakers don't sound half bad hooked up to my alpine head unit... so you are correct :)

put the sub in the rear deck and build a box below it.....and attach it to the underneith of the rear deck..............oh 6X9's???? they still make those old things, burn them all horrible sound quality

Archived