LegacyGT.com

Are we part of the club?

Hi all, It's been a long time since I posted but I wanted to share a fun story from sunday.

I live in SoCal was was driving south on the 605 yesterday afternoon in, let's say, a spirited fashion. I have a blue '05 GT Wagon with the 5 speed. It's a blast to drive and easily gets the better of an assortment of bmws, audis, etc...

Anyways, I notice a blue STI coming up behind me in traffic. The driver pulls along side and this cute girl gives me a wave and a smile and then makes her exit. She speed up just to catch me and say hi before she pulled off. Awesome! I mean seriously, I'm in a wagon...

Anyways, do you guys get respect from other Subaru drivers? Or am I just an insanely attractive dude (all signs point to no btw. lol)

Cheers,

Andy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's pretty cool. SoCal brethren and sistren tend to do that. Spent nearly 30 years there in the Subaru community...great bunch. And welcome to the site.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I have an 05' LGT Sedan & I get second looks, probally because it's the only LGT-let alone Subaru In my small town of 13k people. Where I commute-Mankato, MN is a different story which is a town of about 60k+. Still proud to say I have only came across a handful of LGT's there. Ha I have seen more NSX's over there than LGT's

usually i will get a wave from other people who seem to b at least interested in the car lifestyle. Got a random wave from some guy in a white wrx the other day. there are usually 2-3 local subarus who i exchange waves with. Its nothing like the motorcycles tho, when im riding and pass another bike it happens all the time. no harleys tho

It seems the only Subaru's I see (north suburbs of Milwaukee area) are new Legacys (one LGT and the rest are non-turbo) and Foresters. There's one new WRX I see every morning on my way to work and an STi I see on my way home. Sometimes if I head back to my friends place after work I see a Silver 05-07 LGT, but that guy has never waved back at me.

I'm fairly certain she is a Russian spy. You apparently have some information that she finds valuable. This encounter is just a setup. She'll run into you at a starbucks, sparks will fly due to your mutual subaru love. Next thing you know, she'll be torturing you for information.

I could be wrong.

I need to stop reading Clancy novels.

I'm fairly certain she is a Russian spy. You apparently have some information that she finds valuable. This encounter is just a setup. She'll run into you at a starbucks, sparks will fly due to your mutual subaru love. Next thing you know, she'll be torturing you for information.

Sounds good to me, the key is to resist as long as possible...

I guess the club thing depends on the quantity. Too many and no interest. Too few and there's no one to club with.

Maybe it's a hood scoop thing...

Maybe she thought you'd be a cute girl...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I am the President of Club of One.

But seriously, nasioc (wrx/sti) crowd is mostly unaware what an LGT is, let alone LGT Wagon.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

How did you miss a cute lady in a blue STI?(just kidding). She probably just wanted to acknowledge you. You both have a Subaru and it's both Blue. Now talking about waving. Are we suppose to wave to all base model legacy's too? Those are usually older females. They might take it the wrong way. lol

Archived