LegacyGT.com

Passenger DRL out, bulb fine...

So yesterday my drivers side headlight blew...like literally blew. The glass was actually shattered. Anyway, replaced it. Fine. I figured I'd pick up the 3M headlight restoration kit while I was at the store. Did that. Worked great. everything is working and looks good at this point. This morning I go and start my car, now my passenger side DRL is off. I take out the bulb, and it looks perfectly fine.

Are is there any reasons why the bulb would go out without blowing? Some things to note are that

1. I had the hood open while doing the Headlight Sanding (just absent-mindedly mostly)

2. Just put the bulb in (eurolight yellow) maybe 2 months ago

3. I've noticed that there is some condensation in my headlights on some mornings (could this lead to a short somewhere?)

I'd really like to NOT have to buy another 2 bulbs ~_~

hey thanks for the replies.

So Upon closer inspection, part of the filament (not the coiled part) seems to have heated up so much that it melted into a little metal ball, disconnecting one end of it. Sort of like Solder I guess.

So I guess I'll replace it...or them....whatever.

Would there be any background issue causing something like this to happen? perhaps the same thing that blew up my Driver Headlight?

I think my battery may be leaking a bit....replacing it this weekend..would that have anything to do with it?

Archived