LegacyGT.com

Need Help: Passenger Door Wire Conduit

praedet

So I am trying to finish the install here, but I have a problem…

I ran new speaker wire to both doors. While it sucked on the driver’s side, I did it and got it put back together. On the passenger side running it was easier (probably because I did it once already) but I can’t get the rubber grommet/hose/conduit back on the car side. It is easy on the door side, which is identical to the driver’s side, but the passenger side seems to have a very different connection. There is a sliding plastic piece that the rubber hose wraps around/under. The problem is that the plastic piece slides freely so it is very hard to actually get it back on. I honestly have no idea, short of taking off the door, of how to do it. I don’t even think that would work…

Thoughts? I would love to get this buttoned up…

Ted

:spin:

It's a super PITA to get back on; took me forever to finally get it. I ended up using two small flat-head screw drivers, one to hold the plastic piece away from the car, and the other to work the rubber back onto the plastic. Lot's of failures (hours) before I finally got it.

I started with the rubber twisted so the "front" was facing me and then slowly rotated it back while working the rubber onto the plastic...if you get what I mean.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Archived