LegacyGT.com

FS-Subaru Extra S Gear oil 8qts CT

blk94civ

I have a little over 8qts of Extra S Gear oil. Purchased the 5 gallon drum from FBP and did the 60k on two Spec. B's. I had to transfer the oil into clean 5qt oil containers I had since UPS decided to play soccer with the drum and it had a small leak.

Would be $120 from FBP so $80 is probably fair. Pick up in Central CT.

Update-05/05/2011 3qts left-$30

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/blk94civ/c25d5be7.jpg

I sure hope so after reading your post. I figured they would throw the drum around and cancelled other items I wanted to buy along with Extra-S. Didn't want them shipped with it together.

So, since you changed to Extra-S in 2 SpecBeasts, was it worth it ? Did you like how tranny was shifting after ?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I sure hope so after reading your post. I figured they would throw the drum around and cancelled other items I wanted to buy along with Extra-S. Didn't want them shipped with it together.

So, since you changed to Extra-S in 2 SpecBeasts, was it worth it ? Did you like how tranny was shifting after ?

They shipped the barrel just as shown, it is not in any box or anything they just tape the shipping label right to the side. I would have paid extra for them to insert it into a plastic bucket, that is all it really needs for protection. My garage still smells of gear oil that leaked out of it.

In one of the vehicles I noticed a difference

Previously first thing driving with the car cold, the shifting felt notchy in cold temps(30 degrees and below) for a few minutes. After the Extra-S was added it became much smoother.

In the other Spec. B there was really no difference, the previous owner may have already done the fluid swap as what drained was pretty clean.

Overall I think it was worth doing.

• 2 weeks later...
I put this stuff in my tranny not too long ago (4k miles) and it makes my car happy. Bump for some sweet gear oil. I have one quart extra of this stuff not sure what to do with it, lol.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived