LegacyGT.com

Best all-season tire for handling?

EvilCamaroSS

I don't care if there 225 or 215 45 17 I just want a tire that will handle Excellent in dry conditions, handle very good in wet conditions and handle decent in snow. whats the opinion on this? I need a tire like this because i live in the mountains and i drive alot of windy roads every day to get to and from college, on a couple occasions the stockers have slid out on me. thanks in advance!

I have 225/45/17 Conti Extreme Contacts on my winter wheels. They handle rain really well and are actually rated for snow which is kinda nice in an AS...plus, they're pretty cheap @ Tirerack.com $98 each...

My .02...

I agree that the bridgestone super sports and contiextremes are both decent all seasons. The conti's ride a bit softer than the super sports and I actually prefer the softer feel for winter driving. I use RE070's for summer and those are stiff as bricks.

• 3 weeks later...
I have 225/45/17 Conti Extreme Contacts on my winter wheels. They handle rain really well and are actually rated for snow which is kinda nice in an AS...plus, they're pretty cheap @ Tirerack.com $98 each...

My .02...

I started with these, and they were too loud for me on dry pavement.

I went with the Goodyear Eagle Response Edge. Very happy. VERY good traction in the wet, and good in the snow as well.

I've been quite happy with the Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Seasons (225s) I replaced my OEM tires with. No snow experience, of course, but plenty of wet, wet, wet situations, with no issues at all. They're not as sticky as the Eagle F1 GS-D3 summer tires, but they're the best all-seasons I've had (with lots of high-end tire experience). HPH

Recently, I've run Dunlop SP Wintersport M3 in the winter and Kumho Ecsta SPT in the summer.

Changed last month over to Continental contiextremecontact (gay name) due to geometry issues with changing suspensions.

Taken it out in some ice and snow lately and response seems to be just as good as the dunlops. Starts, turns and stopping ability are equivalent if not better.

I thought I would lose a bit with the all-seasons, but overall I'm pleased.

Archived