LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Parts & Upgrades -- NEW AND IMPROVED

• I Donated

Second Generation Legacy

Aftermarket Parts & Upgrades

Under construction over the next few days.

If there is something you would like added to this list, please send me a PM and let me know. I will likely not look at this thread often since I know all of this info and I have no reason to reference to it.....so I probably wont see requests posted in the thread.

If you're wondering what happened to the old version of this thread, it has been closed and removed from the stickies. The member who was maintaining that thread is no longer active. The thread was full of dead links and there was no way for us to add new / more information to it. That is why it was decided to close it down and make a new one.

When available, I will be linking the manufactures website. A simple Google search of any part numbers can find you better deals than buying straight from the manufacture.

Edited by broknindarkagain

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated

Engine Modifications

Note : Most of this information is for the EJ25D (2.5L engine in the GT and Outback). Some of this stuff crosses over the the EJ22E, but please verify before you do so.

Looking for massive power? This is what you need to read.

Cold Air Intake systems are generally frowned upon on these cars. The "better" option is a hybrid style intake.

These will enhance your throttle response and make your engine rev faster.

Your selection of mufflers is almost endless. You can run anything from eBay "fart cans" to Flowmasters. A popular choice seems to be Vibrant mufflers.

There are a few different options for headers out there, but the Speedy Racer headers have proven to be pretty good, and very affordable too.

Note on Borla headers :

Borla headers are a more expensive option, but they are known to crack very easy. Unless you want to waste a bunch of money, I would stay away from them

This is almost a "must do" modification for anyone interested in performance. Better spark = better power. Be sure to accompany your new coilpack with a good set of plugs and wires.

The theory behind these is that if you space your intake manifold further away from the block / heads, heat soak will be reduced....therefor air will be cooler and more dense. I've personally never tried them because I don't think they will make any notable difference.

Solid / stiff mounts will reduce your throttles response time by eliminating twisting in the driveline. Keep in mind that with these types of mounts, you will experience more noise and vibrations in the car.

The idea behind porting and polishing your heads is to allow more airflow through them. More airflow = more power.

Helps keep the heat from your exhaust inside your exhaust instead of radiating out onto other important stuff (like the engine and transmission).

There are several different options here. Depending on how you grind your cams you can get more low, mid, or high range power. Remember though, there is always trade offs. If you grind your cams for a lot of low end power, you will be lacking on the high end....and it works the other way around too.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Steering & Suspension Modifications

Note about Steering / Suspension parts :

Most of the links I'm providing are for Whiteline parts. Whiteline is pretty much top of the line. They cost a little bit more, but their parts (at least in my experience) are much stronger then the competitors and perform much better. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want to stay cheap (and have piss poor parts), then do an eBay search for generic Chinese parts. If you want something durable that performs great, I suggest sticking with Whiteline. Some of the other bigger names are decent as well (Rallitek, Kartboy, etc)

Swaybars

As far as handling modifications go, swaybars are the biggest bang for your buck. The difference they make is asternomical on stock suspension. Pair swaybars with a good strut/spring or coilover setup, and you will have one hell of a good handling car.

Front Swaybar

Rear Swaybar

Front Endlinks

Rear Endlinks

Rear Swaybar Mounts

Swaybar Bushings

Struts & Springs

(-1.5”, -1.25”)

(-1.25”,- 1.25”)

(-1.2”,-1.2”)

Cures the "saggy butt" look when you use lowering springs.

Alignment

One of the biggest handling modifications you can do is tweaking your alignment for the way you drive. Here are various parts that allow you to customize your alignment outside of the stock adjustments on your car.

Adjustable lateral links in the rear allow you to dial in your rear alignment setting further than what the stock adjustments call for. These will allow for both camber and toe corrections. When using these, be sure to use a toe lock out kit.

These are needed to dial in your rear camber settings if you are not using adjustable lateral links.

This is a must for lowered vehicles. It helps with bump steer problems and brings the control arms & CV axles back to the proper angles.

Provides some Camber / Castor correction.

Our cars come out of the factory with front camber adjusting bolts (upper position on the steering knuckle), but these bolts will allow for further adjustment over what the stock bolts provide.

Bracing

HIGHLY recommended for wagons

Coilovers

Coilovers are hard to find for our cars. Your best shopping for coilovers for any 02-07 WRX. Here are a few to get you started though. A general rule of thumb I go by with coilovers is that if they cost less than $1000, then expect a lower quality product. If you're looking for the best of the best, I highly recommend the D2Racing coilovers. They are simply amazing.

(budged coilovers - questionable quality)

Bushings

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Interior Modifications

Gauges

This is kind of a cheap way of doing it. Results may vary. I've tried it myself before and had terrible luck.

Seats

1997 - 2001 Impreza 2.5RS

2002 - 2011 Impreza WRX

2004 - 2011 Impreza WRX STI

Note : Newer Legacy seats might fit.

Steering Wheel

2002 - 2003 Impreza WRX

v8 JDM Impreza STI

Carpet

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Performance Stickers

VTEC Badge

Good for 50 horsepower

Type R Badge

The R stands for "racing". Instant race car status with one of these bad boys.

STI Rabbit Badge

This is for those homosexual guys who rock STIs....or straight people who think their car is an STI.

If you can't afford a turbo, get yourself one of these. It will make it appear to others that you have a 400awhp car!

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
I can already tell I am going to be posting links to this thread for noobs. Thanks for the excuse to start shopping for a 2ndG!

Thanks!

I know pretty much all of the options available for these cars. Over the next several days I'll be adding a little bit at a time when I get a few spare minutes...by the end of the week I'll have nearly everything in this thread.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
Thanks brok!

No problem.

Keep checking back over the next several days. I'm still editing more and more stuff in. By the times its done, there is going to be tons of stuff.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
Strut tower links are bad to whiteline. what about the tribeca sway bar?

thanks brok

Tribeca isn't really a "direct fit" so I'm not including it. I'll check on the strut links thanks for the heads up

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT