LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

Buying new here is a joke. I remember pricing the STi front lip and it was $1800.

A wrecker wont sell me the VB alone and priced 1000 for a complete tranny off a wrecked car which I would then take the VB off.

If I go ahead I might get you to source a used VB if possible and do the F1 then ship that.

Your best bet it to call the best transmission shops in your area, and they will give you quotes over the phone for a standard rebuild. Make sure it has a guarantee, and make sure you check their review online to be preemptive against come-backs. Maybe $1500 for a rebuild. CTS-V is a great car. I won't tell you to stick with the Legacy. That is up to you. Have you test driven the V? The LS-A version I hear is ridiculous. The LS6 version, still very good.

Everyone, thank you in advance for your patience as I work out the shortage of cores for F1 upgrade swaps. The waiting list is getting pretty long, and I do not have the time I need at present to sort out a solution. Thank you for being patient. It is worth the wait.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Generally a shop will work with a specific supplier that they are familiar with. Definitely have that conversation before pulling the trigger on your own bring-in parts.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Well the first one blew up with the torque converter and it wouldn't allow me to shift in gear and it'll stall out. Now this one is hitting really hard everytime it shifts to 3rd gear. I cringe everytime it hits hard. The stealership replaced both the tc and a remanufactured transmission under warranty. So I figure that this 2nd trans could be 3rd gear going out and the hence the possibilty of me possibly needing to replace the trans again. That or the trans needs another re-program and re-learn and this being the 3rd time it gets reprogrammed. Edited by OGHK87Jay

Well the first one blew up with the torque converter and it wouldn't allow me to shift in gear and it'll stall out. Now this one is hitting really hard everytime it shifts to 3rd gear. I cringe everytime it hits hard. The stealership replaced both the tc and a remanufactured transmission under warranty. So I figure that this 2nd trans could be 3rd gear going out and the hence the possibilty of me possibly needing to replace the trans again. That or the trans needs another re-program and re-learn and this being the 3rd time it gets reprogrammed.

something is wrong and fishy.

Now this one is hitting really hard everytime it shifts to 3rd gear. I cringe everytime it hits hard. The stealership replaced both the tc and a remanufactured transmission under warranty. So I figure that this 2nd trans could be 3rd gear going out and the hence the possibilty of me possibly needing to replace the trans again. That or the trans needs another re-program and re-learn and this being the 3rd time it gets reprogrammed.

if its still under warranty, most likely one of the parameters needs the be reset in the tcu - this was my problem, and exact same symptoms you described

i had the hard shift problem

there is a bulletin for the hard shift, but this reflash for this bulletin did not fix my problem

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Yea I saw the tsb. I think the dealer did....I still have warranty up till 100K so i'll get it reprogrammed again for the last time. If it reoccurs for the 5th time and going to persist that I get another trans... Edited by OGHK87Jay

• 5 weeks later...

LGT 5eat car year? 05 06 07 08 09

IPT VB mod already performed? Yes or No

Are you willing to pay close to but less than IPT prices (perhaps again) for a proper shift kit modification performed by fellow 5eat performance enthusiast ClimberD himself? Yes

I have the same hard shifts - took it to the stealership for Flush and drain, re-learn of the TCU and still no luck! Paddle shift around 5k rpm and it's good... forget to paddle it and it feels like my trans is dropping out the bottom of the car! :[

What's your price to source a VB there where you are and then do the work and send it to VA?

Removing mine is not an option as the downtime would be too long.

Edited by ohninegt25

• 2 weeks later...
Got your email. Year and what country? What final drive ratio? 3.272 or 3.083

thk david,

i know its manufatured in 2007 but i got my car in mar08. i am currently in singapore but my BL9 is a USDM model.

frm wikipedia i gathered: 4th generation (BL,BP)

5EAT

• Gear Ratios:

1st 3.080 2nd 2.264 3rd 1.471 4th 1.000 5th 0.834 Rev 3.372

where in my car can i get info on the transmission ?? or wat info frm my car u need to gather the transmission info ? thks so much for helping.