LegacyGT.com

Need advice after cel code is thrown

Hey everyone, my 05 LGT threw the cel code of P0691 - cooling fan 1 control circuit low. This happened after the crank pulley wore and threw the a/c belt into the compressor causing it to wear away the wires connected to it. Would clearing the codes with my accessport and leaving the 10amp fuse out of the fuse box underneath help with keeping the cel light off until I can fix this problem? I ask because my inspection is up soon and I was told that the car would pass the regular PA inspection but not the emmissions test purely because the check engine light is on. Any advice is appreciated.

-Chris

If it's just a wiring problem, why not just splice em back together?

Yes, you can disable the code and reset the ECU. But bear in mind that after resetting the ECU, you have to drive around for a good while before they'll let you go in for an inspection. If the reset is too recent before the inspection, they won't let you pass. Can't remember how many miles... might be like 50 or so.

I'll take a picture this morning to better describe the situation. I'm unsure what would need to be wired. Perhaps I can just unplug the one set of wires for the compressor? I'm guessing that could throw a CEL as well?

-Chris

Unable to take a picture of the area. But will post ASAP. The first picture in the link I'll post shows the plug. Mine is no longer there. It was totally worn away by the A/C belt when the crank pulley went. So would unplugging the compressor not really get me anywhere? I reset the ecu but after the second time starting the car, it came back.

Link to picture- http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/c-compressor-190835.html

Archived