LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket stereos....help!

I have a 2005 LGT and am looking to replace the factory CD player. I had found a site that moved the location of the factory CD player with an aftermarket dash, but I can not find the site anymore! Does anyone know this site or now of one where I can find an aftermarket dash for my LGT??! :confused:

You may want to specify exactly which mod it is. Highline takes your radio and hacks it to build a single din or double din openning in the stock radio location (costs $ 1000 as well). As far as I know they no longer do it. Another option is the AVo single din in the cubby (not bad and what I did although you provide your own aftermarket radio). They make a double din version but there have been fitment issues. LGT a challenge indeed for good audio.

your cheapest solution will be to add a single DIN unit with the cubby storage adapter, and run the stock 6-disc changer into it through a line-out converter into an AUX input.

this way you still get to use the 6-disc changer, with the added functionality of a new unit (sound quality, iPod, navigation, etc.).

too much $$$ and trouble to remove the stock unit completely.

Archived