LegacyGT.com

Anyone Ski in Maine?

mainelydanks

Just wondering if there are any fellow shreaders that would want to take some runs and/or crush beers with me at Sundayriver or the Loaf?

i live in Portland but ski both mountains. i see lots of subies in the parking lots, and in my rearview after passing on the commute ;)

I can be found at on the mountain with a red variant brim helmet, black northface jacket and salomon Lords, my name is Brecon.... come say whats up and ill show you some stashes.:cool:

I'll be at Sunday River on Thursday through Sunday this week. 05 OBP LGT w/ Yakima Racks, gray helmet, navy and white Orage jacket, white pants, and Atomic Snoop Daddy's

How do you like the Lords? It was a toss up between those and the Snoop Daddy's back in 2009 when the Lords just came out.

Ahh... I will be up at the Loaf this weekend, turning 27 on sunday! Sundayriver is a good time but the snow and night life is better at Sugarloaf.

the Lords are a killer ski, not quite as bombproof as my old 1080s, but i havent found and eastcoast day they havent dominated.

I like Killington also... ive skied there 3-4 times, but never had good conditions :( although Bear mtn was nice everytime (soft snow and sun) when the real mountain was in the clouds.

That lift crisis was crazy, but a fluke. the story only blew up cause there was a CNN correspondent on the lift when it happend. Poor Sugarloaf... maybe it will thin out the crowds for me?

I've never been to the loaf. It's been on my list of places to ski for a long long time. It's just another 1.5 hours on top of an already long drive from Boston.

This week is college week at Sunday River. Lift tickets are 39 bucks mid week, my college ID is about 3 years old but still works like a charm.

Jay is good, can be a bit icy.... if going to ski in VT, SMUGGGGGGGGS!!!!

Was at Mt. Snow last weekend and the conditions were just ok... but is was the sunday after new years so we were the only ones on the north face.

habitual derail-er

I watched "Frozen" last night. Ski Maine but not at night, LOL.

UGH, my girlfriend actually made me watch this horrible movie with her. :facepalm: I think it might have been the worst movie I've ever seen.

I did some night skiing at Sunday River on Friday. It was only an extra 5 bucks. They only have a few trails open at night. They run the groomers through right at 4:00 to clean up the trails. They also touch up all the parks. Awesome value for 5 bucks. We walked right onto the gondola every time.

• 5 weeks later...

whered you go this past weekend?

i had a pass to sunday river a few years ago but barely broke even on it ($700+ the 3 mountain one loon, SR, loaf... and thats getting it kinda early) ... i like the mountain but got sick of it after riding it for a season. too much crossing over if you want a long run, the vertical on each peak is not much. the woods sucked that season too and thats where i have my fun.

though with that pass did 1 day up at the loaf in late spring (last weekend of april i think) and it was awesome. beautiful spring conditions, riding in a t-shirt and baseball hat and sunglasses with the snowpants vents wide open. it was the day they do the passholder BBQ, i think the last weekend of the season. lapped the mid-mountain lift all day and hiked up to the peak toward the end of the day. i could only imagine the awesomeness after a big storm...

I was at the Loaf... sat was a great day, but the powder was insane on sunday. They had most of the lifts shut down tho and their main high speed quad got struck by lightening overnight during the storm so it wasnt booted up until 11. my legs were so smoked from sat that i could only put in about half a day on Sun.

i dont go to Sunday River much (even though its closer) longer runs and better terrain at Sugarloaf. However if the weather is nasty, id rather be at Sunday River because the NW canadian wind that blows over the loaf is game ender.

i ski and i hate the traversing at the River... i cant imagine snowboarding it!

I injured my ankle a month ago. I am ready to get back to the River by the end of the month. My cousin goes to school at UNE. He has a season pass there. I am having withdrawals about not skiing. I missed a great annual ski trip at Loon, where we stay at the Loon Village. I sprained my ankle the day before:spin:

Archived