LegacyGT.com

why lower your outback

just out of curiosity, why do some outback owners lower their cars. doesn't this defeat the purpose of having it. nothing against it. just wondering, cause some look very good.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

No Legacy Wagon in 09, and if there was it would have been an auto.

So I made my own 09 5MT LGT wagon.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Oh i know the fun i literally covered every square inch of my outback in mud. Even the roof. My friend didnt want to go througH it in his lifted chevy 1500 because he was only 2wd. I said screw it and hit esentially a lake at about 40-50mph and since that day over a year ago my engine bay is all dirty. This is why i like the thick mud.

I only ever have to worry about extra-steep departure angles because of my hitch.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

An Outback only looks good lowered a certian amount.

The "slammed" look really is just a by-product of the lack of available suspension options for the Outback as owners cobble together Legacy suspension components.

The Megan racing coilovers were good in that they allowed you to maintain the stock height if you do use the car off-road, but also allowed for lowering by a couple of inches. Only problem is they rode like utter sh1t, broke often and generally sucked. The BC/BR are not much better since they're cranked out of the same factory.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived