LegacyGT.com

Help for shipping bulbs to France

Hi.

I'd like to buy 2 pairs of this bulb:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hella-HLA-H83165271-9005-100W-Halogen/dp/B000COBLOI/]amazon_icon.gifAmazon.com: Hella HLA-H83165271 HB3 9005 12V 100W... [/ame]But they don't ship to France.:icon_sad:

I'm looking for someone who can buy them for me (and if you're intersted too, it's eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25...) and ship them forward to France.

I don't think s&h will be very expensive by mail...

I'm Paypal verified...and will pay before someone buy them, of course...;)

Thank you!!!

Fred.

I've gotta' say $5.03 USD seems to be a great price,

considering this place, Summit Racing,

prices them at twice that much.

I just purchased a bunch of Hella H3 Fog Lamp Bulbs from Summit.

Very happy camper.

I purchase a lot of stuff through Summit, great prices, excellent service.

And I bet they probably ship to France!

yes, they ship to France, but...................

Attention international customers:

You can now get instant shipping rates when you order online or by phone!

Summit Racing Equipment's world class customer service just got better. Now when you order online or by phone you will instantly get several shipping options along with the corresponding rates. Simply place the order, select the ship method that is best for you and instantly get the order total including the shipping charges.

Delivery and Handling:

Handling on all foreign orders is $24.95 per order. This is non-refundable and it’s the same no matter how much you order, so order more at once to save—we recommend double-checking to make sure you have gaskets, hardware, installation tools, and other accessories so you can get everything at once.

Thanks, but I'm looking for Hella ones.

I've just bought cheap ones on Ebay, 100w: Lighting is worst than genuine 50w!!!

That's why I'm interested in those bulbs, and I can find them in France.

The only serious I can find are PIAA ones, about...100$ a pair!!!!

Just make sure that you don't have a voltage drop first. Even a very small voltage drop can decrease the output by as much as 50%.

Separate wiring using relays and feed from the alternator is what you want.

Don't feed from the battery as many do. The reason is that it's the alternator that regulates the system voltage, and when the car is running this can cause a voltage drop in the cabling to the battery effectively draining the battery.

Check out other European sites first. Importing the bulbs may cause extra costs in custom fees an added VAT at the import. At worst it can double the price.

Also look into a Xenon kit instead which can provide a lot better light exchange. Go for the low color temperature Xenons since they have a better light exchange.

http://www.xenonkungen.se/Kelvin-4.jpg

Yet another site where you may be able to get 100W bulbs:

http://www.vparts.se/cgi-bin/ibutik/AIR_ibutik.pl?funk=inst_sprak&Sprak_Suffix=EN&funk2=visa_artikel&artnr=090704&Friendly=evo-power-halogenlampor-hb3-_-9005&artgrp=156&Sprak=en&Valuta_ID=EUR

453747.png

I would be looking at the UK sites if I were you. If France has draconian Customs regulations, you'll wind up with a nightmare getting goods from outside the EC. In the US we have a $200 value administrative exemption to pass goods of low value without duty collection etc. When the limit was $25 it was nonsense.

Thanks, but I have no problem with custom fees, for such a little item. (and I use to order a lot of things from USA, as Weber barbecue parts, brake pads, slot cars, clothes (Spyder jackets...), and just been have one or two time increase by customs fees (for exemple, with my trunk spoiler, order at one LGT' member shop...)

If item and s&h value is under 60$, theres an exemption.

And bulbs in a mail won't costs more...

I just want to change my bulbs, that's all...

Considering the crappy reviews put there, I might suggest reconsidering those bulbs... obviously, there's something funny going on there.

The stock bulbs are 55W right? Won't a 100W bulb burn up the wiring or the relay if it's used in the stock location? (I assume you're installing these in the stock location.)

100 watts may be too much for the stock plastic housing to handle. They give off significantly more heat which may end up melting nearby components. This is exactly what happened on one of our previous cars that was riced out by a douchebag. He was sporting 100watt bulbs that melted the headlight housings around the bulb.

Upping the voltage is a poor way/excuse of upping the output.

Disclaimer: I am about to sound like Daniel Stern and advertise his store.

Go with a pair of Narva Rangepower instead. They are brighter

Look at this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45991

If you want a set of bulbs that will blow everything else out of the water and come close in terms of lighting to HIDs, then go with a pair of HIR 9011 bulbs which can be modded to fit a 9005. They cost $22 a piece. They are insanely bright and the brighest bulb in existence as far as halogen lighting goes. Stock are around 1700 lumens, HIRs are 2530 lumens. Compare this to 3400 lumens which is the output of HIDs. That's awfully close.

Look for these bulbs on either www.candlepower.com or www.suvlights.com

Candlepower ships international. So does SUV Lights.

Problem solved

^ Very cool info there... I might consider the upgrade of the 9011 bulbs myself.

For those interested, the crazy-long linked thread has a post recommending this site for info on the trimming process: http://shnu.us/HIR%20Trimming%20Stock.htm

One concern for the life - on your linked thread, the H7 shows a life of 500 hours, while the 9011 shows 320... ? Based on that, I'd say the H7 Rallye are the ones to get, not the 9011s (sure the 9011s are a little brighter, but a lot less in lifetime.)

Speaking of which, the post also says that they use an IR-reflective coating to keep the filament hotter. Personally, I like having the IR blasting all over the road, as it keeps the laser-cops a little more range-limited, haha! :)

EDIT: Nevermind... I read a little more carefully - H7 is for the low-beams, 9005/9011 are highs... I'd rather get the H7 Rallye or equivalents, as described in the threads. I rarely use the highs...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all!!!

I've bought 2 bulbs PHILIPS H7 XTREM POWER for the low beams: AMAZING!!!

And I'm going to try this for the highbeams:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA-Intense-White-9005-Headlamp-Light-Bulb-Free-Gift_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27ac5634adQQitemZ170395055277QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Don't get those PIAAs. Your Philips are going to be brighter than those bulbs. Those PIAAs only put out about 1350 lumens. The Xtreme Power put out about 1700 lumens. The bulbs I told you about are rated at 2100. If you want the brightest possible high beam, get a set of HIR1 bulbs rated at 2500 lumens. They are spendy though.

Archived