LegacyGT.com

Need durable, stock-look rims that allow big brakes

blackturboblack

'sup, fam. It's becoming clear that I'm going to need new rims in order to install big brakes to stop this missle (stg 4 soon). It's a DD and I'm not looking for flash and I scrape my rims all the time parking. So, I really need something like stock, but with necessary clearance for big brakes, BBEs or any other kit. Maybe smeone could suggest a combination of kit and rims. Thanks.

What size, 17's or 18's? Do you have a budget?

If you want to go on the cheap, I would suggest 18x8 Rota Gravels or 17x8 +46 Konig Runaways will clear Brembos I believe, so they should clear "most" BBKs. A used set of 04 STi BBS works as well (for Brembo), that's what I'll be doing for winter.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Enkei RPF1 or PF01.

I believe the AP front bbk fit under our stock 5 spokes 17's.

I'm no so sure. You d/l a template and use it to check clearance. With the wheel off, clearance was there. When I put the rotor part of the template against the rotor with the wheel on, not a chance they fit. Good thing I had it on a lift. I checked it and checked it. Can't take the chance although I've heard there's a few members on here that use them.

Or get the 04 STI stock BBSs.

I've heard the stock '04 STI calipers clear the stock rims (17" 215/45). In another thread I think. Are those all- around? Whre can I find them? After I read that thread, I looked and couldn't find them anywhere, even nasioc. Well, they had some used, but used brakes? Nah.

I know the STI are 4 pot and with some SS lines should be just fine, if I could find them.

What size, 17's or 18's? Do you have a budget?

If you want to go on the cheap, I would suggest 18x8 Rota Gravels or 17x8 +46 Konig Runaways will clear Brembos I believe, so they should clear "most" BBKs. A used set of 04 STi BBS works as well (for Brembo), that's what I'll be doing for winter.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Enkei RPF1 or PF01.

I have 17" (sorry). My budget is - I don't want to buy wheels and brakes, but if I gotta, I gotta. Would bigger wheels result in that much better performance?

Thanks, but looks like he has a JDM car and doesn't state year. I don't think my rims look like that. I really need to find the offset of mine for sure. I was in contact with scoobie parts (?) and they were telling me brembos fit! What? No way with a +53 offset. What I do know is I'm not going to order a set and go through all the work to find the OEM rims don't fit.

Ya theres no way sti brembos would fit assuming you have the oem wheels. The 6 spokes you mention are probably the 08-09 ones then. I'm not sure if the specs are the same as the 05-07 5 spokes plus its a different wheel design. The 5 spokes have a generous brake clearance with their design.

Ya theres no way sti brembos would fit assuming you have the oem wheels. The 6 spokes you mention are probably the 08-09 ones then. I'm not sure if the specs are the same as the 05-07 5 spokes plus its a different wheel design. The 5 spokes have a generous brake clearance with their design.

That's right. I have a 2008 LGT, [ltd. if that matters]. I can't help feeling that somewhere on here I read my offset was +53. When I talked to that guy and he told me ANYTHING should fit under that offset, I said "you do know the higher the offset, the shallower the clearance"? He said he'd get back to me. waiting...waiting...waiting. :lol:

Archived