LegacyGT.com

if thats a pic of the actual product its for the 2.5i

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

yea, i have an 06 2.5i, and I ordered a CAI from Cosmo Racing. I took it to a motorsports shop to have it installed, and they said it wouldn't fit...some problem with the MAF being bolted on to the intake...has anyone found an aftermarket intake that is compatible?

I asked Weapon R about the part and got this from Chris in Sales

It would be the same as our legacy 2.5 intake

Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:18 PM

To: Chris.agloro@weapon-r.com

Subject: Short Ram

Does Weapon R make a short ram for a 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited?

I am under the impression this thing is rice

This was what I wrote on the Nissan Boards

I'm skeptical to say the least. They say this:

The smaller diameter pipe has a higher velocity of air flow

The larger diameter pipe has a lower velocity of airflow

At the intake filter, they are separate and air goes in through both

At the throttle body, the higher velocity air on the smaller pipe creates a venturi and "draws" more air from the higher pipe.

What this really means is that the higher velocity and lower velocity air vents really just even themselves out when they get in the engine. There really isn't anything magical about airflow, there is no way to increase pressure without physically pushing it in, "venturi" system or not. I bet you they placed that sensor at the point of contact between the two airflows. What they are measuring is not pressure, but turbulence. Or rather, the perceived pressure increase is a result of turbulence.

Now yes, if you take a long pipe which at one end is 3 inches and at the other end is half an inch, if you stick that half inch ending in an engine you will have an increase in velocity compared to a 3 inch opening because the same amount of air has to pass through a smaller opening. But, realistically, in the end, you're still passing the same amount of air. Rushing it in like that doesn't accomplish much because the space it has to fill up is equally large. Does that make sense?

Physics classes or not, if you really think about it the most efficient way of sucking air in is to basically have a straight-through design with no impediments or obstacles. If you want to increase pressure then you have to push it in rather than suck it in, which is something fancy that nowadays is called forced induction, aka turbo or supercharger ;)

Not that I ever specialized in any particular field or that the information is fresh in my head by any means, but I did study a total of 5 years of physics.

Again, anyone, please feel free to correct my judgment if you spot a flaw. The lack of concrete dynos, videos, testimonies, makes me think I am right and this is just a marketing ploy. But then again, I may very well just be talking out of my ass and these guys have a "secret weapon" on their hands.

This is what one member had to say on that particular topic

Weapon R Secret Intake, I had one of those on my Mitsu and it was worst piece of crap I ever purchased. Poorly made I can't stress enough how poor it was made

Just thought I'd throw it out.

I have decided not to move forward with the Weapon-R, I want a proven intake and all the players don't have 08 parts yet. I did an under the hood comparison on a friend from works 05 2.5i, to my 08. and it appears that the intake systems are nearly identical, so I am not sure what the deal is and why the usual suspects have not named their 07 parts as 08 parts. Anybody have any Ideas?

Archived