LegacyGT.com

MA: Paintless Dent Removal

rudy

I inquired a while back, researched around, and Dent Wizard in Danvers was recommended by BMWCCA. Long story short, was quoted what I felt to be an outrageous price, opted to just have the paint buffed, and then walked out when they were pretty indiscriminate in offering a very high discount to a BMWCCA member right in front of me.

I have no problems with discounts to car groups, etc. However, don't say it loudly in front of me 5 minutes after showing me an estimate that I thought was too high. There was clearly room to work with the price, but their business is good enough that they don't have to, so I opted to not do business with them. No harm no foul - for cost no object customers Danvers Dent Wizards is probably really good.

That being said, while I'm pretty "cost no object" I don't want to be ripped off. So, can anyone recommend any other PDR services, either shops or mobile, that do good work at a reasonable rate.

I used these guys and got good results. A ding about the size of a banana on a fender. No paint scratch. Only I could tell there was a problem when they were done. For this size, the estimated $90 to $125 and fixed it for $125. It's route 9, just about at the Worcester line.

They seemed honest.

Dent'N Scratch Magicians

507 Boston Turnpike

Rt. 9 Automall

Shrewsbury, MA 01545

508-845-5038 or 800-560-1366

Telephone #: 508-845-5038 or 800-560-1366

I used these guys and got good results. A ding about the size of a banana on a fender.

For perspective, the dent I got an estimate for is maybe 1/2 the size of that one, and was quoted over $400. I've never done PDR before, but nearly every time I've heard people discuss it I've seen prices like the one you mentioned discussed, so I thought $400+ was pretty over the top.

Thanks for the info - I'll call them up.

I got a dent %@&$%@&$%$@&. I always try to park far and watch the car like hawk, alas it happened :(

Small (bit bigger than nickel, smaller than quarter) and shallow so hope easy to remove.

Any recommended place? I'd be in for a "group pdr" if someone organizes it.

I just Used Dent Wizards in West Conshohocken (only Philly area people can pronouce it correctly)

$125 per panel

Got out the three dings in the front door perfectly !!!

The other 1.5ft dent from a runaway shopping cart took the tech about an hour to massage back to where only I notice it was ever there.

Bottom line ... very satisfied

A Toyota dealer was explaining to me once time, that these PDR types can travel. The dealer brings them over to spruce up used cars. Kinda funny, they take out something that looks like a golf bag with all sorts of rods with different shaped ends. He said it was amazing to watch them pke these rods through all sorts of openings to get at the back side of dents and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm...a group rate here in the Boston area might not be a bad idea. Village Subaru (Acton) said they have a guy from Dent Tech in Waltham do PDR stuff for them on the lot from time to time.

I'm going into Planet Subaru tomorrow for service - I'll ask someone there if they want to take the lead on organizing something. One challenge is that it's impossible for someone to give a price w/o estimating work first, but if they could be legitimate about giving us say 20-30% off their regular rates (what I calculated the BMWCCA seemed to get at Dent Wizards) then I think it would be fair.

Should be good for a dealer to meet potential customers, and good for the PDR guy to also get what would likely be repeat customers (dents will always happen!) if he does a good job at a fair rate.

Right now we have what, at least 3 people or so interested? I'm sure if we had a date/time formally setup we'd get more commitment.

I am definitely interested. I am currently waiting for insurance appraisal and then I plan to get estimates from a few PDR places. If this happens in ~1-4 weeks from now it could be perfect for me.

Rudy, thanks for looking into this. Tell Planet Subaru that this would be my first visit to them, so they would be getting at least one new face in the door so to speak.

--Lee

BTW - are you sure you want to go through insurance? Between the deductible + the increase in rates (at least, it would increase your rates under the step system I believe) is it worth it to use insurance for this kind of repair?

Hey Rudy, Mike here at Planet, we use "Ding Smith" his name is Dave, he is a one man operation and does GREAT work, he took some nasty door dings out of my GT a little while back, I'm not at Planet now, but I can get his #

Hey Rudy, Mike here at Planet, we use "Ding Smith" his name is Dave, he is a one man operation and does GREAT work, he took some nasty door dings out of my GT a little while back, I'm not at Planet now, but I can get his #

Yeah, didn't see you in today when I picked up my car. Do you think you guys might be interested in hosting a dent day some Saturday? Seems like there are already a few people interested.

I am not at fault and it is going through the other guy's insurance so no deductible. Why would I want to pay for it?

(His large tractor mowing a field threw a 4"x8" chunk of wood 50+ feet, across the road, and hit me while I was driving. Hardly my fault! He took responsibility.)

• 2 months later...

Bump, so any chance for dent removal dent?

Or can anyone recommend a place? I'd just go to one to take care of few very shallow dents on one of the doors.

I'm in for a group deal. Finally figured out that all of the coin-sized dimples (5 or 6 at least) that were appearing high on my doors were coming from the handlebars of the neighborhood bike gang's bikes as they squeezed between my car and the dumpster. :p If they weren't all 10 years old I'd kill them, or at least nail their parents to pay for it if I'd ever managed to catch it when it happened.

-Coelli

Archived