LegacyGT.com

Been using the stuff ever since OCDetails recommended it, just used it recently and realized why I continue to. CD2 Engine detailer, only place I've ever seen it is Autozone and it's $5 a can, but 1 can can get your engine clean probably 5 or more times. Here's a celly pic to show why I'm obsessed :wub: (also, no wiping necessary, just spray and play :))

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/731c2405.jpg

The stuff is super easy to use and it rocks like no other. When you first spray it on it can be pretty wet and drippy looking, but after you run the engine for fifteen or twenty minutes and then wipe it down, it makes the engine look brand new.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC07335.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC07338.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

:eek: Gonna have to pick up a can of this stuff.

Do you spray down the engine before applying CD2? Or just pop the hood, spray, and let it sit?

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I picked up a bottle of this stuff after reading this thread and saw all of the warnings on the back about covering belts, intake... How worried do I need to be about the items listed on the back of the can - did anyone cover anything or just spray liberally?

just pop the hood, CD2, let it sit for about 20 and then let it run for about 5, wipe down and good to go.

seems like the "wipe-down" could take a while and some attention to detail...

:eek: Gonna have to pick up a can of this stuff.

Do you spray down the engine before applying CD2? Or just pop the hood, spray, and let it sit?

I try to spray down the engine bay before using this stuff generally. I found that the LGT got pretty dusty and just spraying this on could create some "mud" under the hood which would take away from the appearance you are looking for. Give it a rinse or a full detail with a degreaser and then spray the CD2 on after you get it dried. You don't want to spray it on wet areas or it will leave spots on the plastic. I would also use this before you wash the car just so you can take care of any overspray that gets on the windshield or fenders more easily.

This is also a fantastic product for a quick shine job to the inside of the wheel wells at a car show or local show & shine event. It really adds something to have areas like that cleaned and this is just a really easy way to get it done.

Oh, one other tip... if you have any exposed hoses, which I'm pretty sure the LGT doesn't really have, make sure you spray this on heavy there. I can't tell you how impressive wet hoses look at a car show. It is just beyond words...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Well the CD2 is awesome. I definitely won't hesitate to pop my hood to show it off now.

Who wants to recommend a good degreaser? Some of the hard to reach areas are still pretty dirty under my car's hood.

simple green is good and easy to get.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are not into the big shine factor, you can spray it on, run around the block, and then come back and just give it a quick wipe down. It still looks great and has a bit more of a matte look to it. Eventually as the engine gets dirty it will get to be like this anyway, but it depends on the look you are going for immediately.

Archived