LegacyGT.com

I love driving my LGT. That's all I have to say...

I start it in the morning and it idles smoothly. I wait about minimum of 5 min and sometimes up to 10 or so depending if I'm reading e-mail. I head down the street in the default Sport mode until I'm about 2 miles down the road or until the oil pressure normalizes.

Time to put it into Sport Sharp and get going. All easy shilfts (due to traffic) around 3-3.5k rpm. The upcoming freeway onramp has two lanes and what few cars are there are slow down and choose the inside lane. I don't slow that much and blow past on the outside and push the Direzza II's more than I should on the street but they are very forgiving and easy to drive hard. I don't let up until I catch myself at 100 and start to back off. I can see that 110+ could easily be reached a few seconds later.

The LGT drives very nice. It's just all buttoned down. I have nothing to upgrade, nothing to fix, nothing to adjust. At the moment a total pleasure to drive.

Now I'm on the 241 toll road and crusing at 90. Rock stable and with how well my car handles combined with HP+ pads and Direzza II's it is very capable at speed. At 100 it still would feel as stable as going 60.

I soon come up on a little traffic and slow down well ahead of time. As I pass a 2014 328i these two guys look over and seem interested in my car. I notice them but not any more than I do anyone else. I later notice they took the same offramp and they end up right behind me. As the light turns green we both turn left and meet another red light. This time it's three lanes and I'm on the left of a truck while they are on the right. As the light turns green (we are on Irvine Blvd with zero traffic ahead). They were a bit surprised or at least that's how I read their faces as I passed them.

I love driving my LGT Spec-B. Did I mention that I'm still shocked that after a week or two of driving like this my oil is still 100% full...lol, crazy. My original OEM engine wasn't this good.

If I could complain about anything it would be that it's almost 6 years old but having said that I have seen other 6 year old cars and I love how my car looks so much better (interior) than all I have seen so far.

That's all, had a nice drive into work and had to chat about it.

Cheers,

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Of course you like it, its a Spec B. I enjoy driving mine too. Just wish it had more HP.

I'll have the wagon back on the road soon, so the HP problem will be fixed.

I'm waiting for the grimmspeed TMIC to come out than the Spec will get more boost & HP.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have some awful tires on mine they are run-flat Continentals they are so loud with road noise I thought I had a wheel bearing starting to go.

It also makes the ride harsh on already blown struts with it's super stiff sidewalls

Hehe, I know I'm cutting it close, that wasn't easy to type but it had to be done. I passed a car and I drove a little fast. Definately no street racing.

Nice story, I really enjoy my lgt wagon everyday as well.

Just be prepared to be hassled for the borderline street racing comments.

Brother you are only scratching the surface :cool:

I've already spent more than I paid for the car fixing shit because I love it

and I still need tires, the ones I got with it are awful

I love mine too. Only had it for less than 3 months but coming from a Mazda 3i with well over 100k it's a huge upgrade. I always give it a 10 minute warm up each morning and a 5 minute idle cool down after I've been driving for a long time or if I've been "giving it the beans".

I just had a Invidia Q300 CBE installed today and I'm even more in love with the thing!

Archived