LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Door lock is not working

V8Bait

Since the day I bought this car the drivers side door will not lock. When I press the lock button from either inside the car or from my key set the actuator kicks off but the door lock will not lock. When locked the little latch system still moves on the side of the door so I am assuming something inside the actuator assembly is not moving like it should. Even when I lock the car manually from inside it will not lock and I don't feel any tension.

I took the door panel off today and everything looks connected like it should be and I can't find anything wrong.

Anyone have this issue before?

I know you said everything appears to be connected properly, but I just want to verify that on the back of the inside handle, the top cable is locked into place properly, as shown in the first attached picture.

I'm still a little confused as to how the whole door locking system works even after looking at all the parts involved in the process.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10479

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/door-lock-actuator-problems-136038.html?p=3206324#post3206324

Random things I'm wondering.. Is the electrical motor only needed to unlock the door with keyless entry, or when using the central lock switch on the driver side?

Since you hear the actuator moving, it sounds like the motor is working, are the gears worn down? Have the gears become misaligned for some reason?

I know this isn't the most helpful reply, but hopefully the pictures might be of some help.

doorcables.jpg.7fa0ad3abd13bc68919d0f0a03bddbfd.jpg

I know you said everything appears to be connected properly, but I just want to verify that on the back of the inside handle, the top cable is locked into place properly, as shown in the first attached picture.

I'm still a little confused as to how the whole door locking system works even after looking at all the parts involved in the process.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10479

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/door-lock-actuator-problems-136038.html?p=3206324#post3206324

Random things I'm wondering.. Is the electrical motor only needed to unlock the door with keyless entry, or when using the central lock switch on the driver side?

Since you hear the actuator moving, it sounds like the motor is working, are the gears worn down? Have the gears become misaligned for some reason?

I know this isn't the most helpful reply, but hopefully the pictures might be of some help.

Thanks for the reply apexi, i have seen those two threads and i cant make anything out of them with my problem unfortunately.

Yes my cables are connected properly like shown in that picture.

I don't think it has anything to do with the motor because when I manually try to lock the car from inside (without the power lock) it still won't lock. The little lock on above the handle moves side to side but it does lock or unlock. I think it has something to do with one of those cables, even though its connected properly maybe I need to crack open the actuator to find out :/. Looks like a pita to take out.

I had the same issue when I bought my car. The metal rod that connected the lock to the mechanism had been bent enough that adding lube and manually working it still didn't fix the issue. I purchased a new rod from Fred Beans but was able to fix the original by comparing it to the new and tried to return it but Fred beans wouldn't respond to my rma requests... So I still have it in the box. I'll give you a good deal if you want it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I had the same issue when I bought my car. The metal rod that connected the lock to the mechanism had been bent enough that adding lube and manually working it still didn't fix the issue. I purchased a new rod from Fred Beans but was able to fix the original by comparing it to the new and tried to return it but Fred beans wouldn't respond to my rma requests... So I still have it in the box. I'll give you a good deal if you want it.

Can you post a pic of the rod that your talking about? I think i know which one your talking about. If that is my problem i will definitely take it off your hands

Just saw your post. Will try and get a pic tonight.

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Just had a problem with my ds door also. The problem I had was The actuator wouldn't allow me to open the door. The part cost $58 dollars through stealership. It's the entire mechanism inside the door. The part that 'latches" when you close the door.

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

Just had a problem with my ds door also. The problem I had was The actuator wouldn't allow me to open the door. The part cost $58 dollars through stealership. It's the entire mechanism inside the door. The part that 'latches" when you close the door.

Did you have to pull the entire actuator out of the door to replace that piece?

Did you have to pull the entire actuator out of the door to replace that piece?

I didn't do it myself. Didn't want to screw up this "delicate" part. Subbie tech installed it. It was the entire piece including the metal rod. All told, it came out to $158 due to my laziness.

Here is the part. You do have to replace the entire latch assembly to replace the rod. That's what was bent on mine.

uploadfromtaptalk1374065120207.thumb.jpg.a90952a44c623ee6fbabdbd6f019825b.jpg

Same part for me. Subbie tech said it looked like someone tried to break into the car. In doing so he inadvertently stopped himself from stealing the car.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you were able to get your door fixed!

Hope you were able to get your door fixed!

door still has a ghost of the original problem. Not as bad as it used to be. The door had more problems than the tech told me about. Nothing that can't be tolerated though.

Damn, body shop said its not the rod and its the actuator motor. I did not think it was the motor since I could hear it working. He said it might be the gears inside the motor but I guess we will see tomorrow when the new actuator comes in.

Archived