LegacyGT.com

Weird Rev Issues (Legit issue this time)

Ohitsspencer

Hey,

My Legacy has this really strange issue. When I am cruising at free way speeds and pop it in to a lower gear, then floor it, the revs will just jump and sit at the same rev while it acclerates and eventually will continue to gain, but this doesn't seem normal at all. Here is a video of what I am talking about.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s8oVhXI0AWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In case the embed doesn't work http://youtu.be/s8oVhXI0AWg

My car has COBB DP, GMS exhaust, and COBB AccessPort running the Stage 2 map. Any suggestions of what could be going on would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Spencer

EDIT!Just wanted to let everyone know, it was the clutch! Don't bother reading the rest of this, my clutch was toast, with big thanks to the previous owner for doing that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
something is wrong i thought if clutch when bad it will just rev and not gain speed try putting it in fifth gear on free way and apply power if it just revs clutch should be bad or put it in fifth again at a stand still and release clutch if it takes a second to die it means its bad once again.

So I think it has something more to do with timing being pulled because derkle13 and myself both had the same issue and we were both auto. We both had a learning view done on our cars when we were ap stg 2 and you could see timing being pulled around that area. I think it might have something to do with heat soak.

There were at first, but not now, at least externally.

Complete Mod List:

Known:

Cobb Down Pipe

GMS Catback

Tein S Lowering Springs

Cobb AccessPort running 91 Stage 2 Map

Discovered:

Aftermarket Clutch

HID kit

Installed:

Kartboy Short Shifter

I noticed this probably after a week of having it, but never thought anything about it.

I'm going to try uninstalling the AP again today. Or maybe install the Stage 1 map.

When you uninstall the AP, the ECU will go into a reset cycle. I believe you have to wait ~120 seconds before trying to run the car, or it just won't. 120 may be longer than necessary, but yeah, wait a while after unmarrying it and try to start it up. If it won't start after that, something is horribly wrong.

Have you checked all your vac lines/etc? No CELs? Almost everything I can think of here would cause a CEL.

When you uninstall the AP, the ECU will go into a reset cycle. I believe you have to wait ~120 seconds before trying to run the car, or it just won't. 120 may be longer than necessary, but yeah, wait a while after unmarrying it and try to start it up. If it won't start after that, something is horribly wrong.

Have you checked all your vac lines/etc? No CELs? Almost everything I can think of here would cause a CEL.

This would make sense because I started it up right after uninstall. I'll try again this evening, and also check all my lines. I am really hoping it's the tune.

Archived