LegacyGT.com

quick tip question

BAHPSH

do you mean 2 3" tips PER side..? so total of 4 tips on your car?? like the new Acura TL typeS?? because i do not think that will fit. and if there is that ever so slight chance it will fit.. i think it will be rubbing agains the black plastic thing and end up melting it. but i have a 3" pipe in my basement that i could double check for you in the morning if you dont have the answer yet.

• 1 month later...

3" can't tuck that high as proven by the Stromung Exhaust. I have dual 2.5" and the look good but 2.75" will tuck very nicely.

If you get the Gialla rear underspoiler, it could tighten up the cuttouts making it look more fitted with 2.5".

ya, it does seem like an odd size, and i havent been able to find some, but if 3" is too big, 2.5" looks too small...might as well go right in the middle. Im actually tempted to ask around for prices of getting some machined locally.

Youd have to get it welded on, I dont think anyone has had success with putting on aftermarket tips, besides welding them on permanently.

I have Borla clamp-on tips on my stock mufflers, but unfortunately their selection of clamp-ons is very limited. OP, you'll want to find a tip with a 2.5" inlet diameter for best mating to the stock outlet. The flare at the end of the inlet will need to be cut off as well.

Archived