LegacyGT.com

IPD/Rallitek Front and Rear Sway Bars Perfect Fit on 2.5i

I spent a good portion of this morning having front and rear sway bars installed on my car, as well as a few other test fittings... so I thought I would share with you all and post up some pictures.

We started with the rear sway bar, it was straight forward and fit just like it should have (same bar as on the GT). The rear bar is 19mm, which is significantly bigger than the stock 15mm bar.

Next up was the front sway bar (what everybody has been curious about). The install on this was also very straight forward and simple. The front bar is 22mm, just a little bigger than the stock 20mm bar. It fits perfectly... no chopping up the heat shield on the exhaust like I have seen. There is plenty of clearance and no issues, like I said... perfect fit. From what I understand after talking to Sean, this is the same bar that fits all N/A Subarus from 1990-2007. They have also fit this bar on a 2.5i Outback, so that fit is confirmed as well.

After that, Sean wanted to try and test fit a skid plate for the 2.5i legacy application. The skid plate designed for the GT was actually a close fit. The portion near the front of the car all fit perfectly. The rear portion needs some brackets to lower it down a bit to clear the exhaust. I will be going back when this is ready to get a test fit and I will keep all of you updated on the progress.

We lowered the car down and Sean wanted to take some pictures of the 2005 2.5RS Injen Intake to see how closely it fit and to also try and convince Injen to create a better fitment for a 2.5i application. We'll see how this goes, but no guarantee.

The last thing to test fit were JDM engine covers. If anybody is interested in these, they fit just fine and I have included a picture.

As far as the sway bars go, OMG!! This makes an amazing difference in the feel of the car. Cornering is much more enjoyable as the car no longer has the lift and rise body roll when cornering hard. The car went from having a giant amount of understeer to being nearly neutral, with just a tad of oversteer if pushed really really hard into a corner. It is perfect for my style of driving... no complaints whatsoever. Next up for me will be tires, because these bars come very close to pushing the limits of the stock yokohama advans.

$258 for both bars is a hell of a deal.... check out the link below.

Links:

http://www.rallitek.com/raswbarkit.html

http://www.rallitek.com/ip22frswbar.html

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/slideshow?view=album&c=ralliteksubaru&albumID=576460762401619266&phdone=http%3A%2F%2Fnew.photos.yahoo.com%2Fralliteksubaru%2Falbum%2F576460762401619266

Thanks again to all of the guys at Rallitek, what a class act. I highly recommend them for all of your legacy needs.

I hope you all enjoy, feel free to ask any questions.

Nick

ADSC02103.thumb.jpg.82e647d80e946add6030ebb48332b729.jpg

ADSC02105.thumb.jpg.2fb8f4aa11f9cf6460e04d41b3f88898.jpg

ADSC02107.thumb.jpg.b406de5fe936da6ef2b725dfc849400f.jpg

ADSC02109.thumb.jpg.48dbd524ea26e987fe6eece965917864.jpg

ADSC02111.thumb.jpg.f72839cd200159001f9339e2775805e1.jpg

ADSC02114.thumb.jpg.bbb85ea714b124671f74e3408bf68c0f.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re the skidplate - when I tried fitting this on out '06 LOB 2.5i, I would have needed to lower both front & rear mounting points, and the two outer rear holes had no place on the frame to connect to. Is this still the case?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Re the skidplate - when I tried fitting this on out '06 LOB 2.5i, I would have needed to lower both front & rear mounting points, and the two outer rear holes had no place on the frame to connect to. Is this still the case?

The front mounting points fit fine, for the rear, they are working on two brackets and a couple of mounting points on the two back corners.... this lowers the skid plate in the back so that it clears the exhaust and whatever else hangs a little lower.

I would guess that rallitek would be willing to deal, but I haven't yet seen much interest even after confirming that the front sway bar is available. Get a group of people to commit and I doubt it will be a problem. I highly recommend getting both bars, unless of course you like lots of understeer :)

i thought that they were dropping IPD and going with AVO? Thats a big reason for me. I have no problem buying a FSB. But i want the whole nie yards. Endlinks and all. there was a thread that i had started a while back. There has been no updates as far as i know other than the author of this thread. I had called there a while back and tried getting soemthing made and they said they would take it into consideration. thats all fine and dandie but with them dropping IPD and going with AVO? Has there been any other test fitments as far as the AVO or cusco that you would know of sean?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

i thought that they were dropping IPD and going with AVO? Thats a big reason for me. I have no problem buying a FSB. But i want the whole nie yards. Endlinks and all. there was a thread that i had started a while back. There has been no updates as far as i know other than the author of this thread. I had called there a while back and tried getting soemthing made and they said they would take it into consideration. thats all fine and dandie but with them dropping IPD and going with AVO? Has there been any other test fitments as far as the AVO or cusco that you would know of sean?

When I talked to sean, he said they will still be producing these front sway bars... and I would assume that the rear ones will still be there as well. Any GT bar will fit the back, I'm not sure what all you are missing out of "the whole nine yards"... can you expand on that? Maybe I can answer.

I'm down for a group buy...

I think the bars are big enough to add some additional sportiness to the Legacy. I guess I'll wait to see if there's any interest within the next week or so.

No, not PZEV. I'm not sure what year your car is, but 05 had unequal length headers, 06 has equal length. That may be why it looks different.

ah ok. I keep forgetting about you guys getting the equal length headers.:p

I guess the initial response is why drop IPD if they are making these sways then? My thing is i just dont want the bar. My car has been lowered with teins and i will want ( not need just want ) sways, endlinks, and any additional support brackets that will come with these if there are any. I had just been waiting for a word back and then happened to run across this. Last that i had heard was they were waiting for a test fitment that they were unsuccessful in doing.

Is AVO going to be coming out with a 2.5i front sway bar now that you are considering ( or have ) pretty much done away with IPD? Any information on the endlinks and or support brackets would be greatly appreciated.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Endlinks for the LGT sways should work fine on our cars. So there is no need for 2.5i-specific endlinks. And as far as I know, the only support braces available for the swaybars are for the rears, and we can fit those fine. The only support braces that don't fit on our cars are the lower support braces like the Cusco lower arm bar, etc. These have the same fitment issues as the sway, downpipe vs. headers positioning. Everything else should work just fine. I've been running on lowered suspension, slammed at one point, and ran my Cusco rear sway with stock endlinks. I have and had no issues.(the cusco rsb is currently not on the car)

I guess the initial response is why drop IPD if they are making these sways then? My thing is i just dont want the bar. My car has been lowered with teins and i will want ( not need just want ) sways, endlinks, and any additional support brackets that will come with these if there are any. I had just been waiting for a word back and then happened to run across this. Last that i had heard was they were waiting for a test fitment that they were unsuccessful in doing.

Is AVO going to be coming out with a 2.5i front sway bar now that you are considering ( or have ) pretty much done away with IPD? Any information on the endlinks and or support brackets would be greatly appreciated.

...it looks like we are be keeping the RalliTEK(iPd) sway bars around for non-turbo models. AVO endlinks and RSB brackets work great with our RalliTEK non-turbo sway bars.

Sean S.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think there should be a problem. I know it has been fitted on an OB by somebody that works at Rallitek. Message them and they may be able to answer your question. They may also be willing to work with you to help confirm that it will fit on the 07.

• 1 month later...
Is there enough interest for a group buy? And would Rallitk entertain a group buy?

I've got endlinks ordered and would be interested in installing a FSB at the same time....

I am willing to entertain a GB. I only have 2 front swaybars and no rear bars in stock. The next batch of bars are about 3 weeks away.

Sean S.

Archived