LegacyGT.com

Strut tower bars

NickB34

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
Wagon+strutbar= improvement. The ebay cheapie is what I got and it's a nice feel for not much $

You search on ebay about as well as you search on LGT.com. :lol: That bar can be had for less. If you learn to search on LGT then it might link you to a less expensive bar that works just as well. You might also find install instructions and reviews too. ...or so I've heard. I'm a lazy bastard too and I never search.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

You search on ebay about as well as you search on LGT.com. :lol: That bar can be had for less. If you learn to search on LGT then it might link you to a less expensive bar that works just as well. You might also find install instructions and reviews too. ...or so I've heard. I'm a lazy bastard too and I never search.

You just said "Bastard", what happened to the ******* filter ?

Horrible design? That is the way most of the strut tower bars I've seen for the LGT are made. The only difference has been the mounting points are full circles on some and part circles on others.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Horrible design? That is the way most of the strut tower bars I've seen for the LGT are made. The only difference has been the mounting points are full circles on some and part circles on others.

A majority does not make a right. That bar is hinged with non-camed bolts. The endplates look like they're made of paper. $10 says a full sized adult couldn't stand on that bar without either the endplates folding like orgami paper or the bar bending. Oh wait, you can't even do that test without locking down the endplates since they're hinged...

Warren

The rear is independent rear suspension. The shock housings are not load bearing. I think a rear strut tower bar is good for bling, taking up space, and draining the wallet.

Struts (in the front of this car) can benefit from the addition of a functional strut tower bar. This means no hinges, or a way to lock the hinges, like cammed bolts, though you can argue cammed bolts place undo preload on the chassis.

Examples from companies with good strut bar designs include Honda's Integra Type R, Carbing/OMP, Mitsubishi's Evo, UUC Motorwerks and Rogue Engineering. I especially like the UUC and Rogue bars. It's a great way to ease install and be fully functional.

edit: also, consider that putting in a strut tower bar that actually works means that you are changing the crash design of the vehicle. Now if you take a significant hit on one side, you'll probably deform both sides, as opposed to letting the car bend and crash as designed.

Warren

For the $$ if you really want the strut tower bar get the cheapie. Performs @ 90% of the expensive ones & adds the desired bling.

I agree with the wagon comment by Jedi.

I did notice a differece with it....Plus it looks schweeeeeeeeeet;)

Wangspeed....your last comment should have closed the deal.....Buy the cheap knockoffs...they are safer (they will bend on impact)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

That price is great, it's for both the front and the rear strut bars......I ordered from those guys......I'm all about the bling even if it doesn't do anything :D

Of course they are still in the box in my garage......;)

I have one of those on Winky just for bling. :)

Depending on YOUR UNIQUE VEHICLE (i.e. your car versus my car), you may or may not see several fitment problems, including, but not limited to the bar hitting various parts of the hood assembly, your A/C lines, or your cosmetic engine cover.

These have all been known and reported issues with this bar, a search will confirm this caution.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Dude, for your sweet spec.B, you should definitely get the real STi stuff! Spend the dough! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived