LegacyGT.com

Picture request: Bilstein HD w/ Tein S-Tech

blongo804

Basically, I have the opportunity for an upgrade and want to see if any other members have this set up.

If you have this setup, I'd appreciate pictures and opinions on ride feel (which is kind of most important).

Thanks!

Wow very interesting.. The Tein's are already mounted to the HD's I have a shot at.. So basically rip them off and go with Swifts or OEM? Pinks are tough to get. Swifts will probably give me the height i'm looking for.

On edit.. I do also have Rallitek springs currently. I wonder if they'd pair good with the HD's.

I did Tein H-Techs with Bilsteins for a few months. The ride was great, but I did bottom out once or twice on some higher-speed bumps. Not cool. I'm now on coilovers.

Here are my s techs rising bump stops at autox

Oooof.

Tits mcgee

Thank you everyone for all the comments! I'm taking this all in - trust me.

I did find a thread about chopping the bump stops on the HD's, and then pairing them with Pinks makes for a super comforatable ride. Sounds like a nice combo. I see the Pinks on japanparts for about $316 before shipping.. That's a pretty penny but i'm sure they're worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
I installed HD's on stock springs on Friday much improved all around.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/taporsnap_25/95F3563D-102E-4A07-9FB8-C397ED2D6016-7284-0000047281D72F30_zpsc145f0e0.jpg

I may be wrong but I always thought Spec B tophats are recommended with Bilstein HDs. I guess my question is how are you on stock springs with Bilstein HDs if Spec B tophats were used.

I may be wrong but I always thought Spec B tophats are recommended with Bilstein HDs. I guess my question is how are you on stock springs with Bilstein HDs if Spec B tophats were used.

The top hats (AKA upper strut mount) aren't spring dependant. The spring doesn't make contact with them.

Spec B top hats are required for the HD struts.

The top hats (AKA upper strut mount) aren't spring dependant. The spring doesn't make contact with them.

Spec B top hats are required for the HD struts.

But do the Spec B top hats and HD strut combo (with OEM springs on a GT) sit evenly in ride height? I don't want to say for sure, but I remember reading that there may be an issue with ride height on the front of the car.

They say to run spacers in the rear because the spec b top hats have a thicker bearing and the weight Of the six speed is more then the 5mt so the front raises a little. The springs are the same. I am not running spacers and it sits even enough for me.

To people that don't know anything about it, they probably do. There's still an unbelievably large crowd that believe that cars have to be slammed to the pavement in order to have decent handling.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Archived