LegacyGT.com

stage 2 questions

You definitely need a downpipe and you definitely don't need a TMIC.

For the UP I think that those high priced options were nice when they first came out but there are now copies that work just as well (it's only a piece of metal after all), or you can get an STI uppipe. I got mine for $40.

Nothing wrong with upgrading the TMIC if he has the budget. I split the end tanks a bit at Stage 1 power. BMB hooked me up with a mighty nice "Bullet Proof" kit until I got the Process West in place. At minimum I'd do the BP mod, but like I said initially - if you have the budget a TMIC is peace of mind. I got tired of using vice grips to cinch mine up at Stage 2.

You cannot run stage II without a DP. Well I guess yo can, but you will have so much turbo lag it is a waste of time.

My best guess is that you will have major compressor surge problems, since, with the larger IC, and a better flowing UP, you will have all sorts of pressure on the intake side of of the turbo, with a restriction on the exhaust side.

This is a full page add for compressor cavitation , IE, surge:eek:

If you don't want to spend the money, just gut the DP.:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Found them here on the classifieds, brand new $200 shipped for Invidia Down pipe and $150 shipped for the Up pipe, gaskets to, so about $400.

dont want to run invidia as someone stated earlier it didnt fit up very well. and i dont mind saving up for an extra month or two you buy quality parts thats why i was asking about cobb or perrin

You cannot run stage II without a DP. Well I guess yo can, but you will have so much turbo lag it is a waste of time.

My best guess is that you will have major compressor surge problems, since, with the larger IC, and a better flowing UP, you will have all sorts of pressure on the intake side of of the turbo, with a restriction on the exhaust side.

This is a full page add for compressor cavitation , IE, surge:eek:

If you don't want to spend the money, just gut the DP.:)

ill start looking around for a dp then, i never even thought about that thank you.

Invidia makes high quality downpipes. I also bought a Grimmspeed up pipe which look to be about the best around, plus they are local to me. I have yet to install either. Cobb and Perrin are also very respected brands here.

This thread is a pretty good read, if you haven't seen it yet. I know you didn't mention anything about upgrading turbos, but there is some good information about what parts to upgrade and when. You are going in to "Scenario 1" territory.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turboi-wiki-twist-178684.html

I'd also sell the AP and just get an etune or a local tune specific for your setup. I'm sure there's a ton of quality subie tuners in CA.

I have Invidia UP and DP on an auto. No issues. The UP has a flex section. Adding an intercooler has been referred to as "Stage 2+" when you have the DP in place.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I have Invidia UP and DP on an auto. No issues. The UP has a flex section. Adding an intercooler has been referred to as "Stage 2+" when you have the DP in place.

If you go to stage II, sooner or later you will blow the tabs on the stock IC. A great Stage II set up is UP, DP and a good aftermarket IC.

A "fart can" adds minimal Hp (maybe 5 HP) and just attracts the boys in the blue

Just don't forget the suspension bits.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

If you go to stage II, sooner or later you will blow the tabs on the stock IC. A great Stage II set up is UP, DP and a good aftermarket IC.

A "fart can" adds minimal Hp (maybe 5 HP) and just attracts the boys in the blue

Just don't forget the suspension bits.

suggestions for downpipes?

Will the OTS Stage II tune cover the aftermarket IC? I would think the OP would also need a custom tune with the proposed set up.

The Cobb OTC Stage II tune works fine with the Perrin IC, and Cobb UP and DP.

I am sure that you could get more power with a custom tune, but my setup has been trouble free for 50K miles.

• I Donated Too
The Cobb OTC Stage II tune works fine with the Perrin IC, and Cobb UP and DP.

I am sure that you could get more power with a custom tune, but my setup has been trouble free for 50K miles.

:lol: at Cobb OTC maps.

Archived