LegacyGT.com

Legacy GTs seem quite rare.

Just returned from a 1700 mile road trip which included driving in Chicago and the Twin Cities. Didn't see one other LGT...where are you guys? Averaged 26.1 MPG for the trip, by the way...I realize the trip computer is optimistic but I felt that mileage indication was pretty good. I averaged 75-85MPH (with occassional passing spurts to 95) on the freeway along with 200 miles plus of city driving.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty rare in Honolulu, Hawaii too,..

People think I drive a Honda Civic till they hear the exhaust and drive past them,...I dont even get much love from STIs or WRXs till they get to see the hood scoop,....:)

I hardly see any either. I have seen one, that was driving right alongside me on 95S going towards the GWB, about a month ago, and another one about a year ago, when I first got mine...on 287E. I see mostly outbacks, wrx's, baja's, and 2.5i legacy's. Not many other GT's though.

There's a gal at my office who has a black LGT sedan. I'm getting my wagon at the end of the week and it will be the first wagon I've seen in my little corner of NH. That's just fine with me, thoughhttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif. I've driven a tastefully modded 97 Accord wagon for the last 3 1/2 years. It's debadged and hardly anyone knows what it is.

My theory is most people who buy Legacy's and Outbacks are not car enthusiasts, and most don't care about the power so much. Subarus are very popular in my area, and I'd say 90% of the ones I see are Outback 2.5i wagons. I hardly see LGT's of wagon or sedan variant.

There is a 05 GT sedan 5EAT in the next neigborhood. I don't think he has ever had it over 39 MPH though.

I followed him on my way to work on day. I nodded off 3 times till I couldn't take it any longer and redlined past him. What a waste. He should be driving a 2.5i.

There are a few Legacy GT's around the Northside of Indianapolis. I see one every other day.

I went to visit my daughter (14) in Virginia the other week.

I saw ZERO (0) the entire trip. (0) on I-65, (0) on I-64, (0) on I-75........

I've seen two '05 GT sedans since I got mine around the first of May: an Atlantic Blue in downtown Minneapolis, and a white one at a rest stop on I-39 south of Rockford IL. Both had spoilers. I don't think either one saw me, or at least cared.

There is a silver wingless one here in the apartment complex. One day I went and backed mine in next to that one. The owner came out and she walked over and sat there looking at two silver legacys, went around to the drivers side of one looked inside and noticed it was mine :) I stood up on the hill near the pool and laughed.

There is also a second silver one that comes and parks in the visitor parking at my work sometimes. It's a nice looking woman who drives it. :)

I've seen about 10 different OBs since the 05's came out.

I have seen *1* Legacy outside a dealer lot in the same amount of time.

That one legacy was in the little town of 12000 people that I live in. It was RBP with black leather interior. Not sure which trans, as it was moving in the opposite direction. on a local street.

Knowing that there is only one subaru dealership within about a 75 mile radius, and having been there often enough to pretty much know their entire inventory (not much of an inventory... no 06 legacys even now.) I think it was the same RBP and Black Leather GT Limited Sedan I test drove almost six months ago. Maybe not, but might be ironic if it was.

I saw it about a month ago, and haven't seen it since, but my commute times are somewhat variable, so I just may have been at the magic time just that once, or the car may not be a local one...

Archived