LegacyGT.com

program files to use tactrix to datalog

YourConfused

I searched on here and then googled the topic to no avail. I am sure i am not using the proper key words to result in a successful search so I am open to thoughts.

Otherwise I am trying to log my 07 with tactrix using the memory card slot instead of having to have my laptop along with me.

It is a cool feature if I can use it, so can someone please help me out? Point me in some direction???

Thanks guys!

See this thread:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4319

To summarize it:

1) You need the beta version of EcuFlash, currently at version 1.43.3150 Beta. It's on the Tactrix website. After you upgrade to the beta version, plug in your OpenPort 2.0 to your computer and open up EcuFlash. Then go to Help menu -> Licensing. That should cause EcuFlash to upgrade the OP2.0's firmware.

AT THIS POINT YOU CANNOT SWITCH BACK TO THE OLDER, NON-BETA ECUFLASH. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE NEWER FIRMWARE, AND YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE TO THE OLDER FIRMWARE. That said I've had no problems with the beta EcuFlash or OP2.0 firmware.

2) Next, reformat your flash card with FAT32 if you haven't done so already. (FAT12 and FAT16 are also supported, but I recommend FAT32 to avoid tiny per-directory file limits.)

3) Now you just need to create a logcfg.txt and place it in the root of your flash drive. This is a nice website for creating one. Hopefully it has your ROM. Select in the dropdown in the upper left, then hit "Get Params." Select the items you want to log. After selecting the first one you'll see some more options pop up at the top of the page. Make sure "K-line" is selected. Also make sure "Defogger" is selected assuming you want the rear defogger button to trigger logging.

If that site doesn't have your ROM ID try this standalone .exe for making logcfg.txt files. I haven't used it so I can't help you with it.

Either way make sure the resulting config ends up in a logcfg.txt file in the root directory of your flash card. Then unplug the OP2.0 from your laptop, plug it into your car, and enjoy!

See this thread:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4319

To summarize it:

1) You need the beta version of EcuFlash, currently at version 1.43.3150 Beta. It's on the Tactrix website. After you upgrade to the beta version, plug in your OpenPort 2.0 to your computer and open up EcuFlash. Then go to Help menu -> Licensing. That should cause EcuFlash to upgrade the OP2.0's firmware.

AT THIS POINT YOU CANNOT SWITCH BACK TO THE OLDER, NON-BETA ECUFLASH. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE NEWER FIRMWARE, AND YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE TO THE OLDER FIRMWARE. That said I've had no problems with the beta EcuFlash or OP2.0 firmware.

2) Next, reformat your flash card with FAT32 if you haven't done so already. (FAT12 and FAT16 are also supported, but I recommend FAT32 to avoid tiny per-directory file limits.)

3) Now you just need to create a logcfg.txt and place it in the root of your flash drive. This is a nice website for creating one. Hopefully it has your ROM. Select in the dropdown in the upper left, then hit "Get Params." Select the items you want to log. After selecting the first one you'll see some more options pop up at the top of the page. Make sure "K-line" is selected. Also make sure "Defogger" is selected assuming you want the rear defogger button to trigger logging.

If that site doesn't have your ROM ID try this standalone .exe for making logcfg.txt files. I haven't used it so I can't help you with it.

Either way make sure the resulting config ends up in a logcfg.txt file in the root directory of your flash card. Then unplug the OP2.0 from your laptop, plug it into your car, and enjoy!

Holly crap! Talk about the most useful reply EVER! Thanks. Hopefully I can get this going in a few days.

Thanks again!!!!

You're welcome. :)

Btw I recommend completely uninstalling EcuFlash and all three Tactrix driver packages, followed by a reboot, before installing a new version. EcuFlash and the three Tactrix driver packages should all be listed in Add/Remove Programs.

Upgrading without uninstalling first may work fine, but I'm paranoid about such things when there are drivers involved.

Archived