LegacyGT.com

Spec B Suspension On 06 Outback Wagon

Hey guys, just picked up a 06 Outback Limited 5MT. I would like to lower it bit. I found a set of 08 Legacy Spec B Bilsteins that are complete with springs and top hats. I know this would bolt up but could you guys give me some insight on what springs to use and what type of saggy butt spacer to use in the rear?

Thanks in advance!

Having both cars, my Spec B is a softer ride then where I have the Koni's and Epic's set on my wagon. I could soften the ride a bit on the wagon but I don't want the added body roll like the Spec has.

So I'm saying the Spec B has a great ride for the mass'es, if your looking for more performance, go with something else.

M sprank, is looking to get another group buy going I think. Check the group buy forum.

Here's pictures of my wagon, 3/8 spacer. I think ?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/max-capacitys-wagon-over-years-214230.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There's quite a bit more than just changing the struts and shocks. There are spacers to come out, steering column needs to be changed to maintain correct angle, rear subframe should be changed to maintain geometry etc. It's no easy fix if you want to do it properly.

There's quite a bit more than just changing the struts and shocks. There are spacers to come out, steering column needs to be changed to maintain correct angle, rear subframe should be changed to maintain geometry etc. It's no easy fix if you want to do it properly.

That isn't entirely correct. The spacers can stay in if you aren't looking to drop the car further. The column does not need to be changed at all, even if the spacers are removed. If the frame spacers are removed, the pinch bolt on the lower coupler needs to be loosened and slid higher onto the column shaft to maintain the proper alignment and prevent binding (ask me how I know :redface:)

If you wish to remove all of the sub-frame spacers, then yes, there is a bit of work to do it correctly. I choose to fly in the face of convention wisdom and remove the front spacers only. I want to see first hand what effect this has on the drivetrain over time. My guess? None at all. Not only that, I have no need for saggy butt spacers that way.

I am in no way suggesting you do what I did. I am prepared to deal with any negative outcome from my mods, and unless you are prepared for any potential damage down the road don't go half way on removing the spacers. /end legal disclaimer

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Archived