LegacyGT.com

Blown Turbo :(

Ok so my turbo isn't blown but am pretty sure it will go if I keep driving.Ok so my question is what turbo's would be a direct bolt on replacment for the VF-40? Am still running the stock tmic so which turbo's would bolt on If I can't find a VF-40.

direct replacements: VF40, VF46, VF52

Now, even thought they are direct replacement, you'll need a tune with anything other than a 40, and the 52 will be a good upgrade, but should have FP and injectors upgraded as well to get the most power.

Good luck

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

You need a re-tune with the VF46?

1) I have read some stuff on here that has said it is best, advised, to get a re-tune. I believe its because of the wastegate actuator?

2) If he's pro-tuned for a 40, there are slight differences in the 46 that could cause small problems down the line.

Just from what I've read is all... I could be way off, but I wouldnt want to take the chances.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

direct replacements: VF40, VF46, VF52

Now, even thought they are direct replacement, you'll need a tune with anything other than a 40, and the 52 will be a good upgrade, but should have FP and injectors upgraded as well to get the most power.

Good luck

VF-46 is from a Spec B right? but etheir way if I dont get a 40 I'll get retuned,but a 52 would be pretty nice lol.Thanks for the info btw.

VF-46 is from a Spec B right? but etheir way if I dont get a 40 I'll get retuned,but a 52 would be pretty nice lol.Thanks for the info btw.

It's the same turbo you'll find in the GT as well. But, I'm sure that someone will chime in and tell you that the turbo in the Spec B is hand-selected and therefore better.... :rolleyes:

Archived