LegacyGT.com

OB and OBXT specific coilovers - gauging interest

Boostjunkie

An OBXT owner asked me about the possibility of developing coilovers specific to the OB/OBXT. While the Megan LGT coilovers will fit an OBXT, they do require you to run a signifigantly lower ride height. If I were able to get an OB version made with longer dampeners that would allow for the stock OB ride height to be retained who would be interested? They would otherwise be identical to the LGT model, with springs rates and dampening changes possible to better suit the OB.

Pricing would likely be similar to the LGT version, maybe a couple bucks more just because I cannot see as many being made... but I'd love for the OB guys to prove me wrong.:)

Post up if here if OB specific coilovers would be something you would buy. Also, if someone can lend me their stock OB struts and springs that would certainly help get the ball rolling. Realistically, there would have to be at least 10 people willing to buy for this to see the light of day. Bring it on!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely interested. :D
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Thanks for asking. I am definitely interested if fit and function are CORRECT. I couldn't tolerate creaking/groaning/popping, or worse as some folks describe after trying to adapt LGT suspension parts. Would love to lower mine a bit (1-1.5") but a useable range that enables folks to maintain stock height would be great.

now that i am TDC stage 1 and want to go farther, i feel like suspension should definitely be in my future. it will probably be a few months till i will be ready to buy as i just dropped all my money on my upcoming honeymoon. but i would love to see what you can come up with.

Thanks for chiming in guys. Functionally, the proposed OB coilovers would be identical to the existing LGT coilovers. 32 way dampening adjustability, separate height and spring preload adjustment and front camber plates. The OB version would be made with a longer stroke dampener insert to allow for a higher default ride height. I would guess that set at it's highest it would be right about stock OB height and at it's lowest a bit below LGT height.

If everyone who has posted in this thread so far would be willing to buy, there is a decent chance I can get this to happen, by the more the merrier, so OB guys, tell your 05+ OB friends about this. With a good show of support, I can pitch the idea to the powers that be at Megan Racing and make this happen!

What would interest me is less about ride height & more about stroke length - travel. I'd like to keep the off-roadability of the OB but have respectable road handling manners too. So something with a longer stroke, maybe variable-rate springs with a sharp ramp-up, height adjustability (not totally necessary) and ideally dampening adjustment for off-roading.

I realize that's pie-in-the-sky but I got an OB so I could have my cake & eat it too. A coilover that allowed for that would easily be worth $1200.

It will be at least a couple of months down the road. I'm just trying to gauge the level of interest right now. It honestly a little stronger than I expected, but I'll likely still need to see a few more people would be in "for sure" to make my case to the folks at MR.

It will be at least a couple of months down the road. I'm just trying to gauge the level of interest right now. It honestly a little stronger than I expected, but I'll likely still need to see a few more people would be in "for sure" to make my case to the folks at MR.

Just curious, have the folks at megan been happy about the response from the LGT coilovers?

Matt

i know i am not welcome in this forum but oh well :)..is it completely absurd to think about adapting this setup if it comes into existance to my LGT. I would love to have OB clearances in winter and my stock height or slightly lower for normal year usage. So basically would it be a pretty straightforward install or would it be a frankenstein creation to pull this off if at all?

i know i am not welcome in this forum but oh well :)..is it completely absurd to think about adapting this setup if it comes into existance to my LGT. I would love to have OB clearances in winter and my stock height or slightly lower for normal year usage. So basically would it be a pretty straightforward install or would it be a frankenstein creation to pull this off if at all?

It should just bolt-up given that the mounting points are identical for the LGT and OBXT. This is still all conceptual at this point, but I can see that there would be some LGT owners who might like a higher riding, longer travel coilover.

Interested, but only after reading review of the production version.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived