LegacyGT.com

Finally got Cryotuned, How about you?

KBGRIZZLY64

Yes :( Here in Oregon and Washington it's all 92 for premium. At least it's not the Cali-piss 91 though ;)

Yes, that's why I run E85. It's nice to live near 5 different Propel station pumps. In my previous car, 03 Bugeye WRX, I was tuned for 93 and so I used to mix 100 back in the day, then started using E85 mix after that, and that's what the current owner (Heedz) does.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave has offered to re-work my e-tune after stumble issues on the first round of tuning. So far (at revision 3 of the re-tune) the car is responding *considerably* better than before and so far, with no stumble.

That is literally top quality service - someone who actually takes pride in their work and is not happy until the customer is happy.

I'll get the next lot of logs to you tonight Dave. So far, I'm well impressed by the new tune. Thank you so much!

Will very likely be purchasing my first Subaru this week. Silver 05 Leg GT Wagon, 5MT Non-Limited, Stage 2. After shopping around for a bit, talking to some people at Turbo XS and some other local tuners, they want $350-$500 for a dyno or street tune.

That said, after reading not a single bad word about you, be on the lookout for me, Dave. :) Would love to get her off of the Cobb OTS tune.

Can't wait to be a part of the family.

Will very likely be purchasing my first Subaru this week. Silver 05 Leg GT Wagon, 5MT Non-Limited, Stage 2. After shopping around for a bit, talking to some people at Turbo XS and some other local tuners, they want $350-$500 for a dyno or street tune.

That said, after reading not a single bad word about you, be on the lookout for me, Dave. :) Would love to get her off of the Cobb OTS tune.

Can't wait to be a part of the family.

Glad to hear and looking forward to working with you.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...

This post is in reference to Dave and Cryotune.

I am wrapping up a Stage 2 e-tune on a 2005 STi.

I have some experience with e-tuning (with another tuner). I can say that Dave, well and truly, goes above and beyond. He took the time to review several logs, perform several revisions and kept me informed of what changes were being made and why. In addition he has also been very patient and understanding. The car experienced a series of "issues" throughout the tuning process (radiator, clutch, turbo inlet, etc.. Nothing to do with the tune, of course), and, all the while, Dave has been extremely accommodating.

As for the tune... WOW! The car pulls smoothly, all the way to the redline. Add to that the knowledge that Dave's philosophy places as much emphasis on SAFETY as on POWER, and you've got a recipe for a great tune.

Oh... And... Thanks for the stickers!!!

Just got done sending out a ton of revisions, emails, pms and parts lists. Thank you guys for the dedicated business and making your cars that much more fun to drive.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

• 4 weeks later...
Big thanks to Dave at Cryotune! Dave has been amazing throughout the entire tuning process for my stage 3 setup. Quick revisions and outstanding communication. The car is performing better than ever, all with safety in mind. Will definitely will be coming back for a 85 tune!

got my cryotune stickers in the mail, thanks Dave.

Also had a hi flow cat installed yesterday in place of a resonator I had previously installed, actually seems to run better now, logs and learning view still show no signs of knock, obviously a quality tune :)

Glad to see hear an update and glad to hear the stickers made it to the other side of the planet :)

We will be closed Friday july 4th-6th in observance of independence day.

We will be closed the following week from the 10th-14th. We will be unable to respond to emails,pms, phone calls etc until Tuesday.

All customers will be provided with a safe revision to get them through these time periods as well since no customer will be left in a unsafe situation.

The reason for this announcement is to allow people to plan their builds and e-tune/dynotune/road tunes accordingly.

Thanks for your support!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had dave tune me and boy was it worth it. I have been slacking with the final log but the car has been running really well. Took us a couple of months, but thats because I ended up finding out that my vf40 had a messed up wastegate. Shortly after installing a bnr16g it also blew up(oil ring seized, got new one free of charge.) Hopefully will be done soon and will be rocking the cryotune performance decal. Definately having dave retune me when i get pump and injectors.

Thanks and glad you guys are enjoying your tunes.

I truly appreciate the positive word of mouth as my business has been built on referral's and return customers.

I just got done sending out a ton of revisions, base maps, emails and pms. Sent out 4 T-shirts this last week as well across the country.

Thanks for the continued support and consistent business.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dave, have you had any experience with stutter caused by the insufficient wiring to the fuel pump? I'm curious what tuners have seen once the wiring is upgraded (removal of stutter, better turbo transient response, etc.).

I have had a couple customers replace the fuel pump itself and it seemed to help but never really seen much difference with wiring except at wot because of the constant voltage.

The ovc's have been known to cause that issue and logging left at right avcs may show if they are not in sync like they should be. The can get gummed up over time.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^ I did the wiring thing along with the STI controller. Pump is ran directly off a relay with 10g wire. Ground is re pinned from fuel pump controller to ground, and fuel pump controller to pump (so I can keep the 3 stage pump like factory) I did actually gain a few PSI, but I am stage 3+. I have not really pushed anything though, as I still need to have Dave tune the car, but I am down for 2 months for surgery. Maybe after words ill measure the pressure difference at WOT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got some numbers on my E85 tune from Dave. I went to Karl Performance in Des Moines this afternoon and got on their Superflow Dyno.

I have to hand it to Dave. I have SAFE/RELIABLE power that I LOVE to drive. I drove the car 1.5 hours from home to the dyno, ran it on the dyno, then drove it home without one worry. How could one ask for more?

E-85 put down 386WHP and 365WTQ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMnQzoMCqJw]Karl Performance - 07 Stage 3.5 Legacy GT - E-85 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyPc7X5YHnA]Karl Performance - 07 Stage 3.5 Legacy GT - E85 - YouTube[/ame]

1457963135_LegacyGTStage3_5E85.thumb.JPG.67b99ee2172242294d604bb9397c43f0.JPG

20140723_141909.thumb.jpg.c2e1e3beb84e8ae720bf52e3d9c34155.jpg

Edited by CapnJack

Awesome power. Jack, where did you get that Flex Fuel badge? lol

Dave, I'll be getting a catback exhaust and sending you another e-mail for a Stage 2 tune once I get that. I was wondering what sort of power numbers can be achieved at sea level (~300ft elevation), stock turbo on E85, with upgraded injectors and a DW65 pump. I can't seem to find a reliable source for an answer to this. Thanks!