LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

• I Donated
I ran my oem catted UP for 174K with no issues.

Yeah, but we've previously established that your car is an outlier on many, many levels. You drive a lot of highway and open-back-road miles, right?

Yeah, but we've previously established that your car is an outlier on many, many levels. You drive a lot of highway and open-back-road miles, right?

About right, 65/35 highway/city.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• I Donated
About right, 65/35 highway/city.

You have driven 80,000 miles of just city driving? Averaging out to 10k a year of just city driving?

I know people who drive less combined city-highway than you drive city! :lol:

And you only drive the Legacy 6 months out of the year, right?

You have driven 80,000 miles of just city driving? Averaging out to 10k a year of just city driving?

I know people who drive less combined city-highway than you drive city! :lol:

And you only drive the Legacy 6 months out of the year, right?

About 8mos. Sense I but my roadster in 07. On avg. I put 35k on the LGT & 15k on the GXP a yr. GXP will be 6 yrs. old in July, & has over 88k on it now. So with out it , the LGT would be over 300k.:eek: I should get there anyway by the end of next yr.:cool:

Mike

So at 125k it still has the oem catted uppipe ?

Yup. I'm planning on picking up an STI uncatted UP, and getting a tune. No downpipe/stage 2+ tunes are in my plans for the next few years.

I'm not sure what to do about the turbo. I'm taking Supraru's word (he's got 3000+ posts over at rs25.com, and definitely knows his stuff) that it's in great shape...I haven't inspected it myself yet since I've only had the car for a few weeks. But this forum has me paranoid it's gonna take a dump into my engine at any moment.

I may pick up a boring DD in a few years and start modding the LGT, so I'm considering going for a VF52 or 16G now, for room for more power in the future. Or I may just go with a new/barely used VF40 or VF46. Or maybe just start inspecting the turbo every 1 or 2 oil changes?

What made you go catless after that ?

OEM CBE was on it's last legs. So I upgraded the full exhaust system & went, Stage2+, GMS Crossover & UP pipe, Invidia DP & V2 cat back. Perrin TIH & K&N Typhoon intake & Racer X FMIC install. Tune by Mike @ Tuning Alliance.

Mike

I went 154K with the OEM catted uppipe. The turbo died... but not due to the uppipe.

I should have the thing all back together on Sunday... can't wait. I've been driving my father in-laws ford explorer for the last two weeks and its quite the gas hog. Had a nightmare about this whole ordeal 2 nights ago: put it all back together and started it up... engine caught on fire, then the rest of the car went up with it.

225k now. 3rd turbo, stock uppipe, oil changed every 3-4k miles with 10w30 or castrol high mileage 10w30. Drive 60+miles a day, no stop and go mostly back road driving.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

just hit 120k stock everything except tstat and front endlinks.

changed belts wpump and tstat(grimmspeed) at 108k

replaced wheel bearing at 110k and both front brake calipers

replacing a cracked radiator this week

getting paranoid my turbo is gonna destroy everything. hopefully doing.something preemptive in a few months

My heatshields are pretty rusted. Some areas the bolts have rusted thru. Got a price to replace the one down by the oil pan. $300 or so. It was recommended that I wrap my pipes instead.

Anyone done this yet?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

My heatshields are pretty rusted. Some areas the bolts have rusted thru. Got a price to replace the one down by the oil pan. $300 or so. It was recommended that I wrap my pipes instead.

Anyone done this yet?

Yes, that what I did.

Mike

Nice. What is this stuff called and where to get it?

152k. 2005 OBXT 5speed manual

Replaced injector @ 15k

Turbo#1 @ 55

Turbo #2 @ 70

Turbo #3 (rebuilt with Mitsu internals, new feed lines(no banjo bolt) and

new intake hose (perrin) and K&N CAI. @85k

Last setup is still going with a generic tune from some dude in Portland.

Replaced Radiator last month.

I now need brakes, and I have a leak. Losing about a quart every 3k.

I truly hate this car.

Anyone done this yet?

I had this problem also, bolts were rusted through heat shield...

I grabbed a couple of large washers, bigger than the rusted hole, and used those to hold the heat shield up nice and tight, got rid of the annoying rattle sound when idle, I know it's prob a temp fix, but it worked well !