LegacyGT.com

Insanely tight PCV... ??

Has anyone replaced this thing successfully? How tight was it on your car? I've sprayed this thing with liquid wrench for a day, and can't get it to budge. I'm afraid if I use a breaker bar, I'll end up destroying the plastic housing that it sits in... :spin:

I took mine out and put the piece in a vise. I got the PCV out of the housing but I ended up dropping the damn thing 4 feet and it broke. I would just buy the whole unit as they are cheap for the 05-06.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I was doing a 60k service on my car and thought it would be a good idea to replace. I did just about everything else (tranny and diff fluids, flushed brakes, replaced spark plugs, cleaned air filter, replaced AT filter, changed oil, replaced leaking valve cover gaskter, etc etc etc)

The housing looks like a pain to get out, and the hoses all seem like they're about 1 ft-lb of torque from cracking, so I'm afraid I'll have a lot more to replace than just the valve :(

You may want to take a peek in the pcv crossover tube though for signs of oil and water condensation (take the vent hoses that go to the heads off).

You're in Texas, so I doubt this is an issue for you. Us cold weather folks have issues with this on short drives and blowby.

Archived