783 members have voted

1. 1. What's your gas mileage?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OEM trip computer gives about 22 MPG which is 12% higher than actual ~19.5 MPG. I do 90% city and my commute is 5 miles to work. Car barely warms up. Just murder for mileage. But hey I can't complain, I can't finish a cup of coffee getting to the office.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

OEM trip computer gives about 22 MPG which is 12% higher than actual ~19.5 MPG. I do 90% city and my commute is 5 miles to work. Car barely warms up. Just murder for mileage. But hey I can't complain, I can't finish a cup of coffee getting to the office.

My mileage suffers until I have ~7-10 miles on the drive train using Mobil 1 5/30 and OEM fluids for the rest. Going to go total synth. sooner than later.

I put my real gas mpg down too, but of late, I have been doing heavy freeway driving and have been getting close to 22 .. (computer is showing like 23.4-23.7). I am running stage 2 as well.

Polls are tricky to set up. However, if enough members respond the OEM and actual mpg should average out.

The results are interesting so far.

I'm getting 27.0 over the last few thousand miles (26.7 with winter gas and new wheels/tires lately). I've got a turbo. :)

I got 25.x mpg on my last tank. The computer said I was getting 27.x. I drive 21 miles to work a day. :( But I'm still breaking it in:)

My 95 Camaro (high way driving only), I get 25 mpg. It puts out over 360 horsepower to the ground. City driving is less than 15.

ZMAN

getting 22-23 mpg with 13-mile one-way stop-n-go traffic into downtown LA and then back, and do "posted speed" on fwy :D, currently COBB stage 2....oh I got a snail under the hood.

What size tires and what psi do you run them at? What type of oils? Use turbo boost a lot?

- bumping to increase sample size.

The big turbo helps out alot... I told the wife it was a gas saving mod....:lol:

now why is THIS the first time that I've heard about a big turbo helping with gas :icon_conf ....*runs to wife, "can I get a bigger turbo???...it saves gas :D".....slap!* :lol:

*I really didn't know about bigger turbo saving gas.....

In Taiwan now...:spin:

my car averages around 30 per gallon. I get 32 mpg on the highway at about 72mph and I average high 20s in the city as long as I don't have to give it alot of gas. The big turbo helps out alot... I told the wife it was a gas saving mod....:lol:

Perhaps your bigger turbo takes longer to spool which means that you are not running much boost during normal putzing/cruising around.

am i the only one averaging 14-15 in the city?

Looks like it.

What are your driving habits? Do you like to drive quickly from light to light? How many times do you surpass 4k rpm during a typical drive? When you're doing a steadyish 40 mph, what gear are you using?